[George] Transdata help

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm trying to produce a sprite sheet like the one from this thread for my extension.

I'm having difficulties getting transdata to agree with me. What command should I use to extract Corporate Command's ships? I think I can work backwards from there.

I also tried extracting EP's images with the code in the previously mentioned thread (minus the /debug of course) but it won't recognize the adventure.

I do have transdata in the same directory and a copy of transcendence.tdb there too so I think I'm not missing anything obvious.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Problem solved

Turns out it was just a silly mistake - I had transdata in the collection folder rather than in the directory above. It's working fine for me now.

Here's my first go at getting a sprite sheet going if anyone's interested
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

WOW

I actually felt fear reading the names of a few ships knowing they could end up in my game and not on my side.

Anyway : I would love some .xml on anything - but George did request we treat his works like CC as Top Secret material, however , the images - I really like them and I thank you for sharing.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Actually, I could definitely use a hand on this, myself. I can get TransData to work just fine when it comes to displaying vanilla and CC ships and stations — and even EP ships and stations, via a quick-n’-dirty TDB Wolfy made a ways back which I then further tweaked — but I can’t convince it to show TBR stuff for anything (or TSB stuff, for that matter).

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Actually, I could definitely use a hand on this, myself. I can get TransData to work just fine when it comes to displaying vanilla and CC ships and stations — and even EP ships and stations, via a quick-n’-dirty TDB Wolfy made a ways back which I then further tweaked — but I can’t convince it to show TBR stuff for anything (or TSB stuff, for that matter).
I have never once got the TransData to work for me : I tried ...but I never even got close :)

I have been dependent on those that do get it going and post the files to xelerus
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've been playing around with transdata quite a bit since I got it working

When an extension calls for resources in another directory when compiled into a .tdb, does it need to be declared in a transdata command? I think that could be the issue AssumedPseudonym is having.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xephyr wrote:I've been playing around with transdata quite a bit since I got it working

When an extension calls for resources in another directory when compiled into a .tdb, does it need to be declared in a transdata command? I think that could be the issue AssumedPseudonym is having.
 That doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’ve tried compiling TBR in every conceivable configuration of having its resources in their own dedicated directory and/or library. None of them let anything from it show up in a TransData-generated spritesheet.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Xephyr wrote:I've been playing around with transdata quite a bit since I got it working

That doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’ve tried compiling TBR in every conceivable configuration of having its resources in their own dedicated directory and/or library. None of them let anything from it show up in a TransData-generated spritesheet.
Try this:

Create a file called TransData.xml. Put that in the same directory as TransData. The file should look like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<TransData>
	<Option name="extensionFolder" value="c:\{whatever path you have}\{your extensions folder}"/>
	<Option name="extensions" value="0xd88cffff"/>
</TransData>
Then you should be able to type:

TransData /shipimages

And that will copy a spritesheet to the clipboard. If that doesn't work, let me know. Post your TransData.log file if necessary.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That worked. Thanks, George. ^.^