1.7 Anton.. still a screw loose in there

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

he did stop for a minute but I was fighting Hostiles: he came over to me then started to 'orbit the dead station: will not stop moving so I can dock
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You could blow up his engine. It seems his default speed and turning rate mean he'll keep flying in circle if he start approaching his target while not facing directly at it. Destroying his engine will upset that balance and allow him to break out of the circle.

A solution to this bug would be to make AI stop thrusting all the time, and only thrust when they're facing the correct angle to arrive at their destination. And perhaps let them use the brakes.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, AI definitely needs to make use of brakes and know when not to thrust.

Now that engine effects are procedurally generated, it might be cool to look into bringing back visible maneuvering thrusters and brakes, too.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:You could blow up his engine. It seems his default speed and turning rate mean he'll keep flying in circle if he start approaching his target while not facing directly at it. Destroying his engine will upset that balance and allow him to break out of the circle.

A solution to this bug would be to make AI stop thrusting all the time, and only thrust when they're facing the correct angle to arrive at their destination. And perhaps let them use the brakes.
I thought to shoot him , but his weapons could toast me if he suddenly decides to defend himself,
whatever shield he has is pretty good, but I did get it down to 34% before I feared him returning fire

sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I believe he's quite forgiving to the player. I pounded him badly with a Fusionfire once in an atttempt to use the momentum to break him out of his circling, before I thought of the engine. Got him 61% damaged and he didn't even mention it.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:I believe he's quite forgiving to the player. I pounded him badly with a Fusionfire once in an atttempt to use the momentum to break him out of his circling, before I thought of the engine. Got him 61% damaged and he didn't even mention it.
Yep, no retaliation. He just bottles up his rage, and releases it when you least expect it.

I've never once attacked him, and I maintain that that's why he's only ever hit me with his weapons one time. He remembers.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JohnBWatson wrote:
sun1404 wrote:I believe he's quite forgiving to the player. I pounded him badly with a Fusionfire once in an atttempt to use the momentum to break him out of his circling, before I thought of the engine. Got him 61% damaged and he didn't even mention it.
Yep, no retaliation. He just bottles up his rage, and releases it when you least expect it.

I've never once attacked him, and I maintain that that's why he's only ever hit me with his weapons one time. He remembers.
now George has to get us 'Like' buttons :) LOL

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:Now that engine effects are procedurally generated, it might be cool to look into bringing back visible maneuvering thrusters and brakes, too.
They may still be in (for original three playerships), just disabled. Might need to poke in the settings file.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I believe that's the case. You can set 'ShowManeuverEffects' to true.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

In 1.6, if you blew him up and looted his ship, gated out, and gated back in, his ship reappeared. You could dock with it, and it would display the "Welcome back/ready for some more?" dockscreen.

I made it my goal for a couple of games to get a howitzer by the time I got to Silla so I could loot him over and over and then sell the loot at Rigel. It made the game way too easy.