Wingmen engage enemy without player command

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I noticing a new wingmen system, and it's bit very annoying. Just say we have two wingmen/auton, then fly near to enemy about 30 lightsecond, and finally they break the formation and attack enemy without my command. It's bit annoying, especially if there slaver base with a dozen of wind slaver guarding and annoying turret. I don't want to waste my wingmen for absolutely ridiculous action, and I still need them.

I don't know it's bug, or it's made with intetion, but I wanted them to be fixed again swiftly.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Doesn't seem to be a bug. More like a...malfunction?
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Doesn't seem to be a bug. More like a...malfunction?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

IDK, but it very anoyying and I still need Volkov in my wing.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That's been an issue for a while. Wingman aggression should be very limited if the player is moving.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The real problem is that ships with fixed guns don't know how to attack without thrusting towards their target. Ideally, I'd like that fixed, but it might have to be part of a major AI overhaul. It also wouldn't be good for them to totally ignore enemies attacking them, so the best short-term solution is probably to make the distance ships with a follow order are willing to get from what they're following much shorter (or adjustable).