Problem with v1.9 Public Release - Unable to Find Starting System: Kibo

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
vitara
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi Devs!
I've been playing Transcendence since v1.5 and have bought all extensions including Corporate Command and Eternity Port. I just wanted to show my appreciation to you for making such a great game for us!

The last time I played was v1.8 and recently I found out about v1.9, which I downloaded. When I fired up v1.8 the game I was unable to update it to v1.9 (which was contrary to what the v1.9 page said about automatic updates) so I downloaded v1.9 separately and now a number of issues arise, which I'll list below and which I would need help with:

- Eternity Port (standalone) works but there's no music (sound works fine though).
- Whenever I start a new game under Domina and Oracus I, there is no checkable option for Eternity Port. When the game loads and I press "N" (for Stargate map), it shows a territory called Near Stars but there are no stars in it, and there is no way for me to enter that territory whether from St Kat's Star or other supposed connecting systems.
- When using the AE-Playership Expansion, I could choose a ship to start at Eridani, Tau Ceti, Kibo or Zyr, but while I could start in Eridani and Tau Ceti, the game always gives an error message "Unable to find starting system: Kibo [or AEZS or something]".
- There are also a couple of Extensions that could not be loaded, such as Commonwealth Police (which says certain file or location is missing or unknown), Project Renegade and Errant.

What am I doing wrong here?
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Eternity Port (standalone) works but there's no music (sound works fine though).
Do you still have your v1.8 files? you might be able to copy over the music folders in the Collections folder from 1.8 to 1.9 - it should be named 00910000
Whenever I start a new game under Domina and Oracus I, there is no checkable option for Eternity Port. When the game loads and I press "N" (for Stargate map), it shows a territory called Near Stars but there are no stars in it, and there is no way for me to enter that territory whether from St Kat's Star or other supposed connecting systems.
To play with the eternity port systems, I dont recall if george has officially implemented an extension to do so - but there are mods that enable it. You probably had one for 1.8 it sounds like, so try checking your Extensions folder in your 1.8 files, if you still have them.
When using the AE-Playership Expansion, I could choose a ship to start at Eridani, Tau Ceti, Kibo or Zyr, but while I could start in Eridani and Tau Ceti, the game always gives an error message "Unable to find starting system: Kibo [or AEZS or something]".
You would need The Backroads to start in systems like AEZS, or one of the above mentioned eternity port connecting mods to start in the EP systems
There are also a couple of Extensions that could not be loaded, such as Commonwealth Police (which says certain file or location is missing or unknown), Project Renegade and Errant.
Its possible that those mods are not compatible with 1.9
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
vitara
Anarchist
Anarchist

Many thanks @Aury for your reply!

The music issue has been fixed. I actually found the 00910000 subfolder in my 1.9 folder. The music must have been fully downloaded after I started an Eternity Port game.

I have never downloaded any mods that are not listed in the "Catalog" page, including the Near Stars Connector and Backroads mods. I hope George would one day make those stars and related missions available in vanilla 1.9 for those of us who bought the EP extension.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Whenever I start a new game under Domina and Oracus I, there is no checkable option for Eternity Port. When the game loads and I press "N" (for Stargate map), it shows a territory called Near Stars but there are no stars in it, and there is no way for me to enter that territory whether from St Kat's Star or other supposed connecting systems.
The Eternity Port systems won't appear in D&O I until you download the Near Stars Connector mod. Add it to your Mod Collection and it will download when you are logged in. It is a file called NearStarsConnector.tdb and will be in the Collection folder.
The background image of the galactic map was changed to show the 'Near Stars' area all the time but the systems won't appear unless you have that file in the Collection folder. Select 'Near Stars Expansion' at game start and they should be there.
When using the AE-Playership Expansion, I could choose a ship to start at Eridani, Tau Ceti, Kibo or Zyr, but while I could start in Eridani and Tau Ceti, the game always gives an error message "Unable to find starting system: Kibo [or AEZS or something]
What @Aury said. Once you add the Near Stars Connector mod, the Kibo system will exist and the game can start. Same for AEZS, this is a 'The Back Roads' system so you will need that mod to be able to start in that system. The playership mod could be updated to exclude these ships from showing now if the system isn't available but the code is tricky and time consuming.
There are also a couple of Extensions that could not be loaded, such as Commonwealth Police (which says certain file or location is missing or unknown), Project Renegade and Errant.
Commonwealth Police hasn't worked for a while now so you are not doing anything wrong there.
Project Renegade also stopped working due to changes in the game. There is a patch however which will allow it to load. Go to viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9005 to download it.
Not sure what the problem with Errant is. I just downloaded it and the game starts fine.

Good luck!
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
vitara
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks a lot @relanat!

Sorry for this newbie question, but I tried searching through Xelerus but cannot find the mod you talked about. Where can I find that mod?

Also, talking about Xelerus, I noticed that what I could download there are in XML format. How do I convert them into .tdb files?
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sorry for this newbie question, but I tried searching through Xelerus but cannot find the mod you talked about. Where can I find that mod?
I'm mot 100% sure on these because it is a long time since I first got these mods.
Near Stars Connector:
I'm not sure if it downloads automatically when you buy Eternity Port. Search your Transcendence folders to see if you can find the "NearStarsConnector.tdb" file. If you find it make sure it is in the Collection folder. For it to work you also need EternityPort.tdb amd NearStarsVol01.tdb in the Collection folder.
If you don't already have it, try signing in to multiverse.kronosaur.com and go to the Catalog page. If Near Stars Connector is listed there, click on it and add it to your Collection. Then start Transcendence and make sure you are signed in. The mod will download automatically once it has been added to your Collection.
If that doesn't work let us know.

The Back Roads mod was created by @AssumedPseudonym. If it doesn't show on the Catalog page, send a PM here on the forum to @AssumedPseudonym and ask to be added to the beta testers list.
Also, talking about Xelerus, I noticed that what I could download there are in XML format. How do I convert them into .tdb files?
Although it is possible to convert the xml files to tdb format, it isn't necessary to play the mods.
Open the Transcendence folder. You should see Transcendence.exe, Transcendence.tdb and a Collection folder plus a few others..
Create a new folder and call it Extensions.
Put the xml format mods into this Extensions folder. You will need to extract any mods that are in zip format.
You should now see an option to select these mods in the game start screen.

A bit more info:
Mod, expansion and extension all mean the same thing. They are files which add more features to the game.
Mods/expansions downloaded from the Multiverse page will be in tdb format and automatically go into the Collection folder.
Mods from xelerus will be in xml or zip format and you need to put them into the newly created Extensions folder.
If you want to convert the tdb files to xml so you can have a look, search "decompile" and decompiling" on this forum and follow the instructions.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A bit more info for reference.
Although they share some of the same star systems, Eternity Port is a different game to Domina & Oracus 1: The Stars of the Pilgrim.
To play Eternity Port click on the right arrow at the top of the game start screen. I've put a red circle around it in the attached image. This takes you to the Eternity Port game start screen.

To play D&O 1 :The Stars of the Pilgrim with the Eternity Port star systems added to the D&O galaxy, check the Near Stars Expansion option (green circle). The Near Stars Expansion option will only appear if you have bought Eternity Port.
ep2.jpg
ep2.jpg (30.3 KiB) Viewed 39718 times
vitara
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks again @relanat for your guidance!

I bought Eternity Port and already have both the EternityPort.tdb and NearStarsVol01.tdb files in the Collection folder, but the NearStarsConnector.tdb file is just nowhere to be found. I've also gone through the folders of all previous versions I have but that file's just not there. Nor is that file available in either the Catalog page or my Collection page under Multiverse. I also searched through this forum but it seems nobody has posted that file anywhere here either. That's why I feel so frustrated about it. I can play Eternity Port as a standalone game without an issue, but being able to visit the Near Stars territory in D&O 1: SOTP would have been great.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Found it.
Try this page: https://multiverse.kronosaur.com/transE ... &release=1.
Add it to your Collection, start Transcendence and make sure you are signed in. Then it should download automatically.

It doesn't get added automatically when you buy Eternity Port yet. The developer is aware of this and it is on the list of things to do. https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=98226
vitara
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you so much @relanat!! For some reason the page that you referred to could not be normally found under any of the catalog or collection tabs, but I'm so glad you brought it to my attention. I've logged in and the files have successfully been added to my collection now. Thank you once again!