Release Schedule

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

The last several weeks I've been working on Anacreon, but now that the alpha is out there, I'm switching my attention back to Transcendence. Here is a rough schedule of what I'm working on:

Now - ~17 December: Transcendence 1.1
Starting this week until around 17 December I plan on fixing critical bugs to turn 1.08l into something that could be called 1.1. I don't expect any new feature or content, but I do expect to fix as many crash bugs and game corruption bugs as possible. The 1.1 release will be a "stable build", advertised on the main Transcendence site and everywhere else.

27 December - 4 January 2013: Anacreon
I'll spend a week or so at the end of the year putting out an update to Anacreon.

7 - 18 January 2013: Transcendence
In 2013 I will alternate work on Transcendence and Anacreon in two-week sprints. The first two-week sprint in 2013 will be working towards Transcendence 1.2. The theme of 1.2 is making the game more accessible, usable, and fun for people. I don't know exactly when 1.2 can be ready, but I'll spend some time in this spring planning things out.

21 January - 1 February 2013: Anacreon: The next sprint will be on Anacreon; I'll work on adding more and more features towards a larger-scale beta.

And so on in alternating two-week sprints.

NOTE: My goal is to have every 2-week sprint end in an "unstable release". I probably won't be able to do that every sprint, but I will try as much as possible.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Awesome news! :)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hey George any heads-up for the 10th anniversary? Surprises or special events? Party? (PARTY!PARTY!PARTY!):D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

george moromisato wrote:Now - ~17 December: Transcendence 1.1
Starting this week until around 17 December I plan on fixing critical bugs to turn 1.08l into something that could be called 1.1. I don't expect any new feature or content, but I do expect to fix as many crash bugs and game corruption bugs as possible. The 1.1 release will be a "stable build", advertised on the main Transcendence site and everywhere else.
Does that mean there won't be a 1.09 after all?
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

Not really around anymore, but hoping for Part II
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Cimanyd wrote:Does that mean there won't be a 1.09 after all?
Correct. Instead, my plan is to stabilize 1.08l and release it as 1.1. What used to be called 1.09 will get renumbered to a post 1.1 release (1.2 or something).
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

A Stable release to become Official?
Now I KNOW the Future is Going to be GREAT !.

I Escaped Alaska ( shhh ) I am hiding out from the cold in L.A.. and I still have not beat 1.08 so the official release should be a serious challenge with all the awesomeness that has been going on .

for Anacreon I only get 2.1d on the site : that game is addicting : Can't wait to get hooked on the next Official release :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..