Question about the penitents

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Twilly
Anarchist
Anarchist

I have been trying to find out more about the minor powers of the transcendence universe, and based on what I have read about the penitents they are some group of nut jobs that follow a evil entity called oracus and are on a sacred quest to wipe out all human life in the galaxy(which I doubt they will ever do, not in there current state at least). Yet several other human/neohuman powers are friendly towards them, shouldn't they be hated by just about everyone minus perhaps the ares and iocrym like the anarchist/sapiens/KWL's are?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I don't think they're friendly, if you spawn a penitent station next to a Ringer station the Ringers will blast them out of space. In the vanilla game most powers are enemies or at least neutral (they don't shot unless shot at) with the Penitents. Also, stations don't spawn close enough to really interact with each other, so you might find yourself killing the penitents all by yourself :/
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think we should see more dynamic interaction between stations... oh wait you made a Mod for that :P
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Twilly
Anarchist
Anarchist

RPC wrote:I don't think they're friendly, if you spawn a penitent station next to a Ringer station the Ringers will blast them out of space. In the vanilla game most powers are enemies or at least neutral (they don't shot unless shot at) with the Penitents. Also, stations don't spawn close enough to really interact with each other, so you might find yourself killing the penitents all by yourself :/
But what about the dwarg? and the sung? or the charon/marauder pirates? there are quite a few other powers that are augmented/neo or regular humans that are neutral towards them, shouldn't they be hostile as well? Or are they neutral towards these powers because they are not trying to expand towards the galactic core like the commonwealth and ringers are? and if so then shouldn't the penitents be hostile towards the ares orthodoxy since there trying to get past the heretic quarantine as well?

Note: Some of this info might be incorrect, I am still new to this game and only played through once.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok, looked through code for this:
The Penitent Shrine has the sovereign svCult.

Code: Select all

<Sovereign UNID="&svCult;"
			name="Cult"
			alignment="destructive order"
			/>
Destructive order is the same alignment for pirates, outlaws, Dwarg, Sung and Gaians. (There's a bit more but the list covers what you ask.)
Since you have the same alignments, they're friendly to each other, but not to others of another alignment (this is a generalization but works).
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This was something I thought about for a while when I first encountered and experimented with the cult, i have since then modified them to be more like a destructive chaos faction, you know super powerful but liked by almost no one.
Twilly
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for the mod link fourfire, I really like your dynamic systems mod RPC! :D Sovereign relations in the vanilla game are somewhat... stale I must say, I was really expecting the dwarg and sung to be fighting each other as certain dwarg items obviously imply that the sung tried to enslave the dwarg sometime in the past.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks :D I guess I should up the dwarg/sung fights more >:D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I love those fights, especially when they leave me reaping large stashes of loot!