Need all mods in a single zip

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
aresdestroyer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Can anyone upload all the mods on xelerus and post it if they have it? I know this sounds crzay but someone has to be a mod fanatic
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There are a few main issues with having someone package and upload all the mods on xelerus:
#1 not all mods are compatible, in fact any two mods which edit the same station, or the same ship, or even the same item will conflict so that all but the last mod loaded will not work.

#2 not all mods are compatible with the latest versions of the game, in fact many of the mods are not even properly compatible with version 1.01.

#3 that is a lot of data and the act of just zipping such a file would take a considerable amount of time, let alone who would host the no doubt gigabytes large file.

#4 why don't you just do it yourself? Just go to http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1 Download, and then change the last character to '2' , rinse and repeat.
When you get to mod #500 or so you might realize the futility of the exercise, but hey, we all gotta learn.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I completely agree with FourFire.

Xelerus is there to allow an ordered mod experience. We spend time keeping it clean from spam, update mods when new versions of Transcendence are out and make new mods when with new features. (Yes, there are old mods that are not compatible anymore with the latest version and other problems, but hey, nothing is perfect)

By downloading all the mods in a huge zip, you are going to loose the comments, descriptions and value of the mods and won't be able to understand which mod is a recent one and which one is old.
aresdestroyer
Anarchist
Anarchist

FourFire wrote:There are a few main issues with having someone package and upload all the mods on xelerus:
#1 not all mods are compatible, in fact any two mods which edit the same station, or the same ship, or even the same item will conflict so that all but the last mod loaded will not work.

#2 not all mods are compatible with the latest versions of the game, in fact many of the mods are not even properly compatible with version 1.01.

#3 that is a lot of data and the act of just zipping such a file would take a considerable amount of time, let alone who would host the no doubt gigabytes large file.

#4 why don't you just do it yourself? Just go to http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1 Download, and then change the last character to '2' , rinse and repeat.
When you get to mod #500 or so you might realize the futility of the exercise, but hey, we all gotta learn.

Oh i get it but can't we get one best from each category as in the best for adventure is dyn sys and the best for autons are auton assembly hangar.... so the best from each category in a single zip? If the idea seems ok to you i can make a poll to make out which mods to select and then update it on xelerus..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Aresdestroyer: You might like the Succession Extensions....
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

aresdestroyer wrote:
Oh i get it but can't we get one best from each category as in the best for adventure is dyn sys and the best for autons are auton assembly hangar.... so the best from each category in a single zip? If the idea seems ok to you i can make a poll to make out which mods to select and then update it on xelerus..
Sure, try out the modpack RPC linked you, and if that's a bit too complicated then I could pass you a copy of my own modpack; Where I've tried to combine some of the mods which both have features I like, and includes some stuff I've made myself ;)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
aresdestroyer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yeah thanks fourfire and rpc! :) I'm learning xml at the moment so that i can make mods... wish me luck :D