Best & Worst Weapons

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Actually, the moskva 11 is a viable weapon on fast gunships like the Wolfen. And the mass driver isn't *that* bad, except at the point where it turns up. They're hard to use, but not impossible... Far better than the centauri recoilless.

....although why the 11 is fitted to the Constellation in CC is beyond me. It's completely useless for a slow freighter.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That is quite strange, I also wonder why certain load outs of the advanced manticore gunship are equipped with the moskva 11... its a pretty ineffective level 3 weapon fitted on a ship that mostly uses level 6-7 equipment.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Are you sure its a Moskva and not the RK15?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think it's actually an Akan 600. Nothing except arena gladiators use the moskva.
CalvinTailor
Anarchist
Anarchist

The Ares plasma arch cannon with a gattling ROM enhancement can kill everything. Pair it with some Ares micro and war hammer nukes to kill the ICS with EASE.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Actually it is possible for a standard manticore to generate with a moskva 11, albeit very rarely... here is code taken from the source to prove it.

Code: Select all

<Devices>
			<Table>
				<Group chance="25">
					<Device item="&itMarkIIIHowitzer;"/>
					<Device item="&itCyclotronDeflectorIV;"/>
				</Group>

<Group chance="25">
					<Device item="&itAkan600Turret;">
						<Items>
							<Item count="500" item="&itAkan30CannonShell;"/>
						</Items>
					</Device>

</Group>

<Group chance="25">
					<Device item="&itMarkVHowitzer;"/>
					<Device item="&itCyclotronDeflectorIII;"/>
				</Group>

<Group chance="25">
					<Device item="&itMoskvaLightTurret;" secondaryWeapon="true"/>
					<Device item="&itArmorRepairDevice;"/>
				</Group>
			</Table>

<Table>
				<Device chance="50" item="&itMakayevLauncher;">
					<Items>
						<Item count="50" item="&itStrelkaRed;"/>
						<Item count="250" item="&itStrelkaGreen;"/>
					</Items>
				</Device>

<Device chance="50" item="&itMAGLauncher;">
					<Items>
						<Item count="20-30" item="&itZG24ClusterMAG;"/>
						<Item count="30-50" item="&itHighFluxMAG;"/>
					</Items>
				</Device>
			</Table>
		</Devices>
Again, chances of encountering one with this load out is rare, but its so hilarious when it does happen, watching them chase enemy ships trying to attack with that short ranged moskva... :lol:
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I think the Iocrym weapons aren't really that good. They've got horrible range and when I went back to Eridani with an avalanche cannon, the blast faded before it hit anything. The weapons do a lot more damage than the moskva 11, but I think they have as much or less range.

(If you really wanted the weapons I guess you could cheat and use a mod, but you can find most of the best stuff at Rigel Aurelius. The weapons dealers actually generate some pretty good stuff.)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The iocrym fracture cannon (and avalanche, for that matter) has massive drop-off in damage past ~12ls. Before that, it has insane damage per second. But yeah.....unless you've got a ship that can tank enemies at close range (tanking the ICS is always fun)it's really not worth using unless you want a challenge.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have to say I really like the dual fusionfire howitzer. Think it's a CC weapon though. It's got a kick.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Atarlost wrote:The centauri recoilless is the worst. Only the Kytryn Launcher can compete on the grounds that you can never get ammo for it.

For best it really depends on what you value.
If you like the Kytryn Launcher, you can use the Fabricator. If you can find just one round of ammo. Just make sure it is well fed and energized.
NH620
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

So that's why the avalanche cannon wasn't working well. I looked at the code and it does 50+ damage at close range.

Btw, the main Commonwealth base in Eridani generated 2 moskva 11s in one of my games. I was playing as a sapphire yacht, with no mods that could affect the station.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

if CC, then dual fusionfire + 2 side-mounted fusionfire howitzers. It's 4 fusionfire shots at every space-bar slap. :D
Add your favourite launcher and bring the DPS to stellar levels. 8-)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

catfighter wrote:So that's why the avalanche cannon wasn't working well. I looked at the code and it does 50+ damage at close range.

Btw, the main Commonwealth base in Eridani generated 2 moskva 11s in one of my games. I was playing as a sapphire yacht, with no mods that could affect the station.
This is perfectly normal. They're level III weapons. Weapons up to level III can spawn in Eridani. There are a finite number of things Starton Eridani can sell and you happened to roll the same weapon twice.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Atarlost wrote:The centauri recoilless is the worst. Only the Kytryn Launcher can compete on the grounds that you can never get ammo for it.

For best it really depends on what you value.
If you like the Kytryn Launcher, you can use the Fabricator. If you can find just one round of ammo. Just make sure it is well fed and energized.
Problem is that is a pretty big if.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I know that only level III or lower weapons can be spawned; I experimented around with my own weapons to test it after I saw the code blocking higher level items.

I love the fusionfire howitzers! :D If you combine that with a mark V howitzer, you've got the same weapons as xenophobe defenders.