The salvager nomads are trying to make me insane...

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, I make it a habit to kill salvager nomads whenever I think my loadout is strong enough to do so (come to think of it, I try and kill them whenever I see them. Sometimes they kill me instead). I'd just polished one off, a goodly distance away from anywhere that would buy any of those oh-so-lovely double titanium barricades. I loaded all of them that would fit into my hold, and went to sell them. When I come back, the wreck is empty!
I think for a few seconds, trying to remember if I'd gotten all of them; I was certain I hadn't. Then I think 'hmm...must have been another nomad!' I take a breath of relief as I realize my mind is NOT going. I hunt around in the general direction I think the nomad might be, and sure enough, there it is! It's kindly moved all of the loot closer to a station that deals in barricades, and provided some extra ones! Don't you just love happy endings? :D
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Boris the Cat
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I think of Nomads as the crunchy and delicious fortune cookie that fights back. Oh, and that sometimes eats your noodles before you do, but then you get to take it back.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've been killed by salvager nomads more than anything else in the game.
I just can't pass by one without trying to kill it, even when there isn't much of a chance. :roll:

I'll do hit and run flybys if I can't take them out straight on. Or I'll follow at safe distance until shields come back then do an attack run, go hide again, repeat.

If I know there is one in a system, I'll hunt it down, even if it takes a while to find it. I had a game last week with three of them on the same screen (2nd system), spent over an hour getting all three of them. I had a class II shield and dual laser cannon, so it took a while to kill one, then the others had drifted along somewhere off the radar and I couldn't find them for about fifteen minutes.

One of them must have had at least 50 items, of every sort. There were like 25 or so barricades to haul back to Eridani.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I've had a Salvager pickup and equip equipment from wrecked Hurins, now that's scary.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Usually, in early game, i have had a solon shield generator. There, i end the normads. Has anyone had a normad instal a corsair's laser cannon? Is it even possible? I would want that...
>.<
Blinzler
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Honestly guys...

There's some poor souls out there in the vast emptyness between the stars, never setting foot out of his little shell of a world, forced in there by believes pressed on him by his forebears and probably fast on his way to toe #13 from all the lack of fresh gene-input (talk about closely knit family's :?).
Now he's drifting through some godforsaken system and happens to find some derilict vessel with some goodies, maybe a keg of beer to soften the depression of having 13 children, none of which look like him but his brother Charlie...
And then you come along and just have to make his day.
Shame on you!
Buy him a beer next time, he needs it, desperately.

P.S. :shock: :mrgreen:
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

But that's MY beer he's drinking! :roll:

I haven't seen salvagers do much equipping, ever. Do they do shields as well as weapons? Can they do multiple weapons?

I hadn't thought of using a Solon shield; usually I come to grief because of the Zulus, and they would just eat one of those up.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I hate those guys ><.

I shank them when I get the chance.

Taking all my bloody salvage x___x.
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yeah, they are a major irritation. A few R-6s are enough to stop them though.... :twisted:
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Its really not that hard to take them out. Its got an omni turbolaser. I don't find them any more dangerous than Vikings. What bugs me is that they take SO LONG to kill. 36 armor sections and 80hp each. I end up getting frustrated and start doing suicidal runs. They usually work.... i mean the suicide part. Anyway, its possible to take them out with any basic ship as long you know how to snipe.
Targeting ROM + a basic freighter usually does the trick for me.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yep, Salvagers do equip themselves with better weapons and will even install shields...and will even upgrade to better shields if they find any. They don't, however, use any armor enhancements or even UG to better armor nor will they use enhancement ROMs or crystals.

And I'm guilty of killing any beer drinking pappy of 13 children that's roaming around space when he should be home with his kids anyway. :P