Version 0.98

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yep, the Fusionfire has lost some WMD, which now makes clearing the battlefields of wrecks a lot longer. Still makes a great base cracker while sniping, but don't bother adding a weapons enhance (+fast), since it barely increases the RoF.

The new weapon to try... Ares lightning turret. Now that's one Bad A** cannon when enhanced with a +fast ROM!
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I had a Hecate's Cannon. I think it is identical to a Fusionfire though
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think it should be spelt "Hekate", not "Hecate", assuming the name is referring to the Greek Goddess of Witchcraft/Sorcery.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've always thought it was 'Hecate'.
My copies of "The Illiad" and "Odessey" both spell it that way.
I imagine that "Hekate" is probably more precise though; but Shakespeare also spelled it 'Hecate'.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

dvlenk6 wrote:I've always thought it was 'Hecate'.
My copies of "The Illiad" and "Odessey" both spell it that way.
I imagine that "Hekate" is probably more precise though; but Shakespeare also spelled it 'Hecate'.
It's named after Hecates Tholus

All of the Ares stuff is named after familiar places/things from their ancestral homeworld (i.e., Mars).
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

And studying the craters on Mars you also came up with the name Elysium ..?
Now this stems from about 500 BC but the Greeks worshipped a god of war they called Ares. Then the Romans admired them and started worshipping the very same gods, the only change was they gave each their own Latin name. And so it came about that in Rome the god of war was called Mars!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Frits wrote:And studying the craters on Mars you also came up with the name Elysium ..?
Now this stems from about 500 BC but the Greeks worshipped a god of war they called Ares. Then the Romans admired them and started worshipping the very same gods, the only change was they gave each their own Latin name. And so it came about that in Rome the god of war was called Mars!
Yes, all of the Roman mythological stories and names came about that way - mostly.
I mean, they did have the occasional original thing.