Transcendence on Wikipedia

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, I emailed George about an hour ago to ask him his thoughts on me making a more comprehensive guide to the sovereigns...
The information about neo-humans isn't actually in the game (neither is timeline), but both are linked to.

EDIT: Oh, and could someone do something about the "This article or section does site it's references or sources" thing? I read the help page but I'm still clueless.

EDIT2: Another thing; Who moved the Official Information section down? I'm pretty sure it should be under the References section, since those are game references.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Yugimotomanager wrote:EDIT2: Another thing; Who moved the Official Information section down? I'm pretty sure it should be under the References section, since those are game references.
I did. Remember that "References" has a specific meaning in Wikipedia: it is the set of sources from which the information in the entry comes from.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ah, I see. Well, i'll leave it alone then :)
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

There should be a link to the Official Site as with other games.
A link to the UTF Official information page (about the various sovrigns etc.) might help to get the notice about lack of sources down.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes, maybe a link to the libary link can be added too?
EDIT: oops, already had that. Hmmpt!
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I've already linked to all that stuff, such as the sovereign guide (i'm now making a new one, too), timeline, etc.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Maybe we can attach a few more screenies?
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

goat not sheep wrote:Maybe we can attach a few more screenies?
Yeah, it seems rather bland at the minute...I have a bunch of good screenies, and a great one for modding, which reminds me:
We need a modding section! Would someone else care to write the preliminary draft? Someone who knows all of those long words and knows enough about XML and coding and stuff to say everything in a correct order. Just something simple. We can tidy it up afterwards.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And tell them how to use a mod... or else the link to da modsite is useless.
>.<
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And tell them how to use a mod... or else the link to da modsite is useless.
That is not what wikipedia is for.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hmm...okay then. Should there be a paragraph about modding?
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes.

Oh, and:
Myself wrote:We need a modding section! Would someone else care to write the preliminary draft? Someone who knows all of those long words and knows enough about XML and coding and stuff to say everything in a correct order. Just something simple. We can tidy it up afterwards.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

But...what's the point if they don't know how to use the mods...unless...there's a link to a site which has taht information!
>.<
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

But...what's the point if they don't know how to use the mods...unless...there's a link to a site which has taht information!
It doesn't matter. Wikipedia is not a how to guide, nor a database of mods. It is not a gameplay guide, it is NOT advertising. It is an encyclopedia.

All the sites which offer mods explain how to install them. Any good mod comes with a readme. All the mod sites are linked to at least indirectly (via this forum and the UTF) by the main Transcendence site. Anyone interested has the power of reason and the gift of fingers, and they may find this information for themselves.