"Oracus"

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What is "Oracus"? I haven't seen anything about it really in the game.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

hmm.. one of the mysteries of the core. Oracus seems to be involved with the Penitents, and may be some kind of being similar to Domina, though they seem to be at odds. Perhaps it was Oracus who taught the Penitent to use dark matter weapons, I believe.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Periculi wrote:hmm.. one of the mysteries of the core. Oracus seems to be involved with the Penitents, and may be some kind of being similar to Domina, though they seem to be at odds. Perhaps it was Oracus who taught the Penitent to use dark matter weapons, I believe.
yeah..

Speaking of Oracus, the ORACUS HARASS weapon, I can't find the wepon anywhere. I wanted to mod it to use as a mining weapon. :P

Also, how od you ge the Domina "Knowleage" and other ones that are not so easy to get eg from trading in several death cubes.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's because it only appears as a virtual device on penitent shrines and sanctums. You'll have to actually mod it in to use it.

Or you can just use the [type= "area"] thingy to replicate the effect.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fossaman wrote:That's because it only appears as a virtual device on penitent shrines and sanctums. You'll have to actually mod it in to use it.

Or you can just use the [type= "area"] thingy to replicate the effect.
Yeah, i know its virtual. :)
Explain area??
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh, you mean you can't find it in the XML? Look in transcendence.xml, at least as of .98a.

The type= "area" bit goes in a weapon tag, in place of type="missile" etc. There are a couple additional attributes you have to define; look a the Harass power, micronuke, or warhammer nuke (under Ares launcher, I assume) for those.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fossaman wrote:Oh, you mean you can't find it in the XML? Look in transcendence.xml, at least as of .98a.

The type= "area" bit goes in a weapon tag, in place of type="missile" etc. There are a couple additional attributes you have to define; look a the Harass power, micronuke, or warhammer nuke (under Ares launcher, I assume) for those.
oh, ok thanks.. .