Suggestion - Teraton Hints?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Vastin
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The Tetraton fabricator system seems interesting - but I have to say it's managed to totally keep me at bay so far in the course of five full games or so.

The few times I've messed with it, I've either dumped tons of stuff into it to no good effect whatsoever, or it's eaten me (which quickly discouraged further experimentation). The feedback is just too sparse and the penalty too high to encourage experimentation, though I've heard it can generate various forms of rare ammo and armor?

Anyway, I was just thinking it would be nice if we found occasional hints throughout the game about how to interact with the Tetraton and at least get you off on the right foot with these things. (what kind of things do they like, not like, and what can they actually DO for you?). Rumors in Domina temples or CW stations and the like perhaps?
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have been thinking about putting together a sort of 'rumor mill' mod- something along the lines of walking into the various bars and restaurants and being handed some additional, but vague, information about parts of the game, mostly because I initially felt the way you do about aspects of the game being so arcane. I ended up 'discovering' most of the secrets through modding- which isn't really the intended method.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

SPOILER!

The Teraton Pit is a bio-mechanical creature, that can process a large variety of materials.
However it's alive and normally Teratons are not very happy to be in contact with lower human lifeforms. So the first thing to do is to make the device happy.
Then if you want to get something out of it you should add processable material as raw material, so that the Pit can use it to make what you want.
Then you have to show the Pit what you want, so you just drop a missile for example and it gets duplicated. (normally 8-9 will come out)
There is another use of the Teraton Pit instead of duplicating ammo, but I leave that to you to discover.
:)
Last edited by digdug on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheltem
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ahh !
thx for spoiling me, digdug !
regards
Sheltem

What do you think about the endless stream of spawns ?

What about modding wandering spawns which dont attack the player directly ?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

c'mon it was not really a spoiler! That's just general theory, you need a little more to make it working really. :D

However I changed my previous post and I added "SPOILER" on top of it