Status update

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

the_holy_thom wrote:Sounds very nice - I like the evilness regrading the system maps. Nice touch, more horrible tricks like this would be much appreciated :twisted:

Carrying on from what Betel said, I'd like to see a little variance in mid range equipment, but the random bit I'd like most is in the enemies. Nothing grand, but it would be nice to see a few randomly equipped enemies, obviously still n keeping with the style. I might make a mod of this when the new version comes out to see what it's like.
It will be a lot easier to randomize the weapons of a ship than the stats for an individual weapon (at least based on the current code). And I do like the idea for certain sovereigns.

This is something that I'm thinking about for a future version, but probably not the next version.
Karl
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Betelgeuse wrote:was the randomness of equipment or randomness of weapon stats implemented?
That could be really cool if done well. I think a good way to do this would be Diablo-style. That is, standard item + special ability. So, instead of just "OrthoSteel Armor", there would be "Regenerating OrthoSteel Armor", "Laser-Proof OrthoSteel Armor", "Solar OrthoSteel Armor", etc....

And then to be able to use armor coatings and crystals enhancements on top of this... excellent. :mrgreen:

p.s. If you wanted to be true-RPG style you could use item names like "OrthoSteel Armor of Regeneration". :-)

george moromisato wrote:Several stations that previously only refueled with Helium assemblies will now refuel with xenotite fuel rods also (that means that they will serve higher-powered reactors)."
Yes! That sounds great. It was annoying flying around populated space and being unable to find fuel for a standard reactor. I could understand having that problem if I was using some alien technology, but as long as I'm using human tech there shouldn't be a problem.

george moromisato wrote:I've also added some new fuels (a level V xenotite fuel rod and a level IX hadron-vacuum fuel cell).
Why do we need more fuel types? It feels like there are too many fuel types already. Searching to find the right type of fuel for my reactor isn't interesting to me (unless it's for some special alien super-reactor). And all the fuels do the same basic thing anyway. It's not like the different fuels make the reactor perform differently. (Kryptonite fuel, heh.)
BlackPheonix
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

it will be a lot easier to randomize the weapons of a ship than the stats for an individual weapon (at least based on the current code). And I do like the idea for certain sovereigns.
that would be a cool thing to do for the charon pirates,maybe....have thier weapons randomized...make them seem more like a group of rogues, and give more reason to be cautious around them....
"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless..."
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Nice idea blackpheonix, i suggest that some kind of dry dock / tinker can appear in their system and they will go there and randomly equip their ships.

Great! To keep it short that's at least eight solid improvements to the game. Especially the refueling issue was overdue but while on the subject of shipmaintenance, repairing armor.
I had a level IV plate i wanted to repair in the arena(i had my reasons) but the level was too high, i think they should be able to.
I'm somewhere close to sanctuary and my level VII (or VIII) plates need constant seeing to, there's no fortress, no BMS but surprisingly there is a tinker. To my surprise they do repair at this advanced level! Do tinkers repair higher levels than commonwealth fortresses?