Glad to have found this great game !

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Mutos
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi all,

I found Transcendence about two weeks ago and I'm on it since then. I praise the friend who told me about it : it's one of the best games I checked these last years.

What I like : fast-paced action, multiple possibilities on ports, weapons, ships, allies and enemies, large area open for exploration, acceleration piloting like good ol' Frontier, mix between Rogue-like and Elite-like feelings ^-^

What I would like : help for finding and keeping track of ports and routes, non-linear topology, no speed cap for travel, being able to see the system in 3D even if the action stays 2D !

Thanks to George for having done this great work ! Now I'm taking to mods and extensions. There are some things I would like to do, but I'll lurk a little here, try some modding and then I'll talk back about it after...
@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Aloha! Welcome to the transcendence universe.

You can find some those desires in mods, nowadays. :)

Check this site out: Xelerus It's a collection of a ton of great mods for the game that offer a lot of new options.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Welcome to the forum Mutos! Good luck at all your modding adventures.
Mutos wrote:no speed cap for travel
The AI cannot handle this. If you want that just for yourself, find scWolfenPlayer (it might be PlayerWolfen, just search for wolfen in transendence.xml) in transcendence XML and copy it over to an extension changing the "maxSpeed" value to something ridiculous. If you need some more basic help, then I suggest looking through part 1 of F50's modding tutorial in the extension reference section of the forum.

Just a thought on this, would anyone happen to know what maxSpeed translates to c?

being able to see the system in 3d is probably not going to happen, at least not for a long time.
Mutos
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome. This community seems to be quite active !

I'll give a try to some mods writing and lurk a little before I say more, wouldn't want to say evidently stupid things or ask questions already answered a zillion times ^-^

As for my opinion, it was only my own feeling about this ^-^ That's no request at all ! I know what 3D means : models and textures to be done, different types of computation, more extensive CPU and GPU power use, etc... Would be an entirely different game ^-^

Oh, and btw, there's a post about Transcendence in my Space Simulations forums, maybe you would like it ?
@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yes, it's especially active since a new version has just been released and everyone is having fun trying out new functions and the like.
warp5
Anarchist
Anarchist

I read about this game in a PC magazine here in Germany. Sounded like a nice game for free and I have played it several times through since then. There is really a lot more to the game than what first meets your eye. Great job!
Ihlosi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'll just add my thank-you note here instead of starting a new thread.

Thank you for this great game! Every time I play, I really feel that
a lot of "love" went into it and all the little details. I like the randomly-
created solar systems (complete with trojan asteroids, and the occasional
binary or trinary (I think I've seen a trinary system once, or was that
a delusion caused by sleep withdrawal?) system). I also like the
graphics of the ships and stations. Yes, they're 2D sprites in the
game, but that's what I grew up with, he he.

I also feel reminded of some other games I once played, for
example:

1. Empire! by Firebird, on the C64 back then. Anyone ever play it?
You'd think Transcendence was a much-expanded big brother of this
game.

2. Earth&Beyond. Progen -> Ares Orthodoxy? They're both warlike,
supremacist clones.

3. System Shock. The color scheme of the Luminous (and the
fact that they're controlled by a (rogue?) AI.