Questions

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Terra
Anarchist
Anarchist
Location: STUCK! Get me out of this damn ship! I'm claustrophobic!

I've just started playing Transcendence again (version 99c) and then have remembered something. Is the station in the Elysium system (the one with the multiple star gates) useful at all? Or is it just background?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Terra!
Welcome to Transcendence Forums! :D
Is the station in the Elysium system (the one with the multiple star gates) useful at all? Or is it just background?
It's still not useful, but I bet that George has something in mind for it for the future! :D
Terra
Anarchist
Anarchist

digdug wrote:Hi Terra!
Welcome to Transcendence Forums! :D
Thanks! :)
It's still not useful, but I bet that George has something in mind for it for the future! :D
I hope so. Now for more questions... is there something wrong with the code, because sometimes on miner missions (Illegal Asteroid Claim) the asteroid seems to be a planet. Some hours ago I got to Rigel Aurelious and took a IAC mission, same planet thing. The thing is that planet/asteroid wasn't on the map before.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So a planet appeared on the system map out of nowhere? If so, that is probably a bug.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

if there are no asteroids with ore the script will create one to use for the mission

I don't even see how this could be a bug. Maybe you would want it to not do that but it is completely intentional.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Terra
Anarchist
Anarchist

It's disorienting in a way, after seeing the map on the screen some players create a mental one in their mind. And because of that the mental map get's mucked up. I'm not complaining though, just saying.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Betelgeuse wrote:I don't even see how this could be a bug. Maybe you would want it to not do that but it is completely intentional.
Having an extra planet come from nowhere doesn't sound like regular behavior to me. Even if such a planet did appear, it should not show up on the system map.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It doesn't appear on the system map. I think Terra just used poor wording in that case. But anyway this happens in the xml script and you can see what is happening quite clearly, it is not an accident it was deliberately put in there.

Now you can argue against it being like that. Such as it is exploitable (the timer makes it slow) or that it would confuse people. But I don't think one extra asteroid (not planet) is that major.
Crying is not a proper retort!
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok if it doesn't appear on the system map then it doesn't really matter.
Terra
Anarchist
Anarchist

It does, not that it matters...