Armor weight limits for the three playable ships

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah thanks but i'm testing the game so i pick one of the three ships. The question is how do you rate the sapphire in version 0.97?
avoid at all cost, hard , fair, easy.. something like that
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PlayMeNow wrote:I recommend to try my Wolfen II, is a huge improovement over the standard one, and it's a bit too balanced ;)
I'm unable to DL it from your site. Care to email it to; [email protected] please?
Frits wrote:The question is how do you rate the sapphire in version 0.97?
avoid at all cost, hard , fair, easy.. something like that
Guess I would sum the Sapphire up as a "play a few systems then quit" kinda ship. It loses its appeal very quickly IMHO. I'd suppose a lot has to do with it only allowing up to 6000 armor VS the freighters 20000. And that its max devices = 7 (including weapon) VS freighters 9 devices and 2 weapon slots = 11.
To rate the sapphire in comparison to the other two player ships, I'd say hard.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:I'm unable to DL it from your site. Care to email it to; [email protected] please?
Yeah, there are a large number of people unable to acess the site, including me.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

Currently the Sapphire seems to be the weakest of the ships. In past versions it was arguable that it wasn't the weakest (though many people felt it was), because it had better armor than the Wolfen. It was more of a middle-road between the lightly armored and nimble ship with many weapons and few devices and the heavily armored and sluggish ship with few weapons and many devices. In 0.97 it's been made weaker in relation to the other ships in two ways. First, it is now the most lightly armored ship. Secondly, it's turning speed is drastically reduced when carrying large amounts of cargo. The Wolfen has slower turning as well, but since it already turns faster than the Sapphire it's slow turn speed is still OK. The freighter doesn't appear to slow in turn speed at all. The Sapphire is useless in a fight unless it's not carrying much cargo, and even then it's inferior to the Wolfen in every way.