I feel SO cheated right now...

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, I just managed to stave off the charon pirate attack on the Korolov station in the Charon system. I go to see what sort of thing happens when I dock with them now, and--they don't let me dock. Apparently I hit them during the firefight.

I'm REALLY steamed about that; it seems like there should be some sort of safeguard against docking denial when the shots were fired while the station was under attack.

Anyway, just my two cents and a rant.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ingrates.
I haven't been able to save the station yet. I can't ever seem to kill the Drakes fast enough.

I'd probably blow the station in your situation :twisted: .
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

A couple of things:

1. You're completely right: The station should never blacklist you (I made that fix for the agricultural station mission, but not yet for the Charon station). I'll fix that in the next release.

2. You're not really supposed to save the station at the beginning--I don't actually know what happens if you do. [If I don't handle it correctly in 0.97, I should fix it for the next version.]
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote: 2. You're not really supposed to save the station at the beginning--I don't actually know what happens if you do. [If I don't handle it correctly in 0.97, I should fix it for the next version.]
Just tested that with my 'omni-thermo-hyper blaster' if you kill the enemys and dock with the station you can dock but can't to anything (command is nearly ruined after a pirat attack.) dock service working normal!

ANd you get the same message after destroying all enemy stations!
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Heh. Well, since I was using an un-modded Freighter with some only slightly lucky finds on it (omni-particle beam weapon!), I would say that there does need to be some sort of rewarding contingency for blasting all of those pirates.

Oh, and I found an ICX in the third system. That's probably why I managed to save it.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fossaman wrote:Oh, and I found an ICX in the third system. That's probably why I managed to save it.
Could you put that in the 'Cool Finds in 0.97' thread at UTF?
That's a great find that early in the game :shock: .
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fossaman wrote:Oh, and I found an ICX in the third system. That's probably why I managed to save it.
And that could also be the reason why you couldn't dock. The ICX is not 100% accurate and it may have hit the station one too many times while fending off all those missiles.

Guess one of my best finds early in the game was an omniD turbolaser. Used it during the encounter at Charon and managed to help clear out the pirates-up until the last missileship, the K station was still alive. Between that missileship, the remaining RoninC's and my ship, random fire took out the station... Man, I was that close to saving it!

I think that's one of the best scenerios in the game so far. It's definitely a rush!

I also like how those RoninC's (if any survive) will go after the pirate bases if the K station gets destroyed. I'll follow them and join in the battle-let them be the targets.