Lasers vs Kinetics

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Aeonic wrote:I'm probably the only experienced player who has never purchased an IM90 in this game.
have you ever looted one?
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

Psycholis wrote:for mid/late game binds when there's nothing available (ie omni-tev9), the akan 600 is still very viable with systems that have lots of ranx. it's okay for the freighter but i keep a close eye on the ammo and retreat when it dips below 500. i think my strategy late game is to usually wait out the IM90 but one game i bought the much less expensive omni-ion (a 1/3 IM90 basically) and it works well for a fix.
That used to be my favorite weapon but I haven't run into any lately. Ammo was usually not a problem, I would have tons of ammo in my hold and would stash extra in commonly visited systems. Then I'd start getting those blast enhancers from the trading posts and it would be a good weapon for pretty much the entire game.

I recently played a game where I got past Sanctuary before I found an omni weapon better than my starter laser. I still did pretty OK as long as I carefully chose my battles as I had the 75% enhancer plus speed enhancement.
Transcendi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The IM90 is totally overpowered. I had the lamplighter and the Iocrym Fracture Canon in Heretic and guess which completely unmodeed weapon I found worked best? :P
I took out the command ship with it easily. I've found it works amazingly against pretty much everything.
Was known as Chance on the UTF
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The playthrough I'm on right now, I got the 100MW reactor and a X-Ray laser only a few systems in - before Rigel even. It's pretty powerful at that point with a laser colliminator.