Great...

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

An enhanced Kytryn Blaster can penetrate its shields, as can a Plasma Cannon (even unenhanced). Both will take a while and require lots of precision though.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

If you find a Teraton Nest you can allows try to trade for one.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Spoilers abound.

Finding Ammo for the Launcher is near impossible, as it is level 12 and Alien. But even if you did, I don't think it could get through the Cocoon.

The only damage types that have a snowball's chance to get through the Cocoon (and are in the Vanilla game) are Positron, Plasma, Antimatter and Dark Acid. Of those, Positron and Plasma damage is reduce to 33%, Antimatter remains at 100% and Dark Acid is increased to 500%.

The only Positron weapon in the game is the Ares Archcannon, which can't fire fast enough to overcome the Cocoon's regeneration rate. The only Plasma weapons that can crack the shield, unenhanced, are the Plasma Cannon, Demolition Cannon and the Repeller, while a few more might be able to do it with enhancement and/or Domina help. The QAC is the only usable Anitmatter weapon (the Iocrym uses the only other one), and if the most common choice for the battle. The Penitent Cannon is the only usable Dark Acid weapon, and despite being fairly low damage, the x5 multiplier does let it overcome the Cocoon, but only by a small margin.

Once the Cocoon is down, it's armor is less resistant to "weaker" damage types, but the 4 above still do the most damage. If you don't act quickly, it will heal any damage done fairly quickly.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

As I posted in my other thread, there are only two ways (so far) to beat the Iocrym Command Ship. First is to hid behind the nearby planet until it runs out of Quantumsphere Shells and then tail it (outside repeller range)while leaning on the QAC.

The other is to close to within 30, get its attention, and then match course and speed along a straight line. Basically, you get it to chase you while you are traveling perfectly horizontally. It takes some practice, but once you are in position, turn around and hold down the fire button until the ICC blows up (yawn).

Oh, and have an ICX, without it you are toast.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Put a little more distance between you and it. The only gun that should be firing at you is the Quantumsphere Generator, and it's shots should be absorbed your ICX. When I did it, I could just barely see the nose of the Iocrym on the screen.