Xelerus BETA

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yay! Mod editing :)

EDIT: It's pretty weird...all of the mods up there except from Evilbob's Mantis Fighter are mine...
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah currently it's pretty emty... But we already have 10users signed up ^^

Code: Select all

+----+----------+
|mods| author   |
+----+----------+
| 42 | Akikotai |
|  2 | Evilbob  |
+----+----------+
@Yugi you suggested the link-section! You already have links which could be added (would do that one next then)?
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

First new things are up:
Under Transcendence you can now chooose the link 'User' Klick on it and you get a listing from everyone who submitted mods! Click on the name and you'll get to a modoverview containing only the mods of that person!

Also I rebuilt the mod-overview a bit!
Direkt Link:http://xelerus.playmenow.org/index.php?s=truser

@PlayMeNow I encounter those problems again with the downtime :s
Maybe we could test something next weekend ( knocking down the space, deleting the sub-domain, waiting half a day or more so that the DNS system can update and then setting it up again)?
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I just tested a download-Yugi's Trans~XML file and it worked just fine, however, upon DL, the site page dissapeared completely. This normal? Are we gonnaHavTa reload and log in each and every time we DL a file?

BTW, I used MicroShaft's IE as AOL doesn't seem to be very compatible.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What mod was it, or was it the Transcendence xmls for the main game?

I think there should these two features:
1) A report button, for faulty or "abusive" mods.
2) A feedback button, which sends an email to the author of the mod that their mod is liked/disliked.

Both would probably be on every page where a mod is, where the Edit Mod and descriptions on the mod features are.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

FAD first you don't need to be logged in to download any mod! And I think I know what you're meaning! and I'll look into it!

Yugi those two features are the ones I'm currently focussing! And I havn't yet decided how to solve it. I have two ways:

1) A complete PM system which would allow interaction in many ways! (report button sends message to mod/admin, feedback to author etc...)
Problem: I would have to code that first ;)

2) Using emails would be way more easier but you don't have much possibilities to interact then!

p.s. There is a 'Remember Me' button in the login! Don't worry about it doing nothing (it's not ready yet)!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You're adding too many exclamation marks!

I think all registered members should have the ability to make a profile, editable in the currently almost totally useless Preferences section. It would be very similar to our profiles here on the OTF or on the UTF.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yugi, yep, it was the Transcendence xml's and I don't think the page bumping was due to your files. Could have been IE itself.

At any rate, I registered and logged in so I could upload some of my mods and wanted to test the DL's as well.

Bimbel, you're only allowing the uploading of ZIP files? Is it possible to also allow .exe zipped files as well? I know you wanted to limit what kind of files (RAR in particular) due to your inability to access them. However, I use WinRAR and it has a feature that will convert the RAR to an executable, allowing you (the downloader) to automatically unzip the file by clicking on it. An example of what it would read as; MyMod.exe
Once you click on it, you'll get a pop-up window that allows you to browse/choose where you want to unzip the file to as well as instructions for the extraction.

This is very handy and extremely simple for those who do not have any zip programs, as all they'd have to do is DL the file and click on it.
Can you include .exe as well, please?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:This is very handy and extremely simple for those who do not have any zip programs, as all they'd have to do is DL the file and click on it.
Can you include .exe as well, please?
Wouldn't allowing the upload of .exe's be a huge virus threat?
If there was a built-in scanner on the modsite for incoming and outgoing files, then it would be a whole lot safer.

Who wouldn't have a zip program? Nearly all Operating Systems, including Windows, have built-in zip programs.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugi is right, I don't want to allow exe's to be downloadable because of the abuseability(?). The good thing of zip ist that php has functions in it to controle .zip's so I can look into 'em and see if there are any possible malware-files in it (exe's and others).

And I don't want anyone to get an .exe thinking it's a mod klicking it and BAM virus or something...
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Noted, but even .zip's can have malicious critters in them as well. Any file can be scanned for viruses, including .exe files.
And, believe it or not, not everyone uses up-to-date OS's. Win95 and Win98 are still common to many users and neither have any built-in zip prog's.

But anyway, I just DL'd Tugzip and can convert all my RAR's to zip now so no biggie.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Can't seem to leave comments, if this intentional?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I can make comments fine.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

hmm, only the first mod in the weapons section seems immune to comments, how odd.