Transcendence advertising

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think there should be some 486x60 (or whatever the standard is) banners for Transcendence, for we who love the game that want to advertise. If we put the banners in our signatures on forums, i'm sure we can increase the Transcendence community.
I've been going through my signatures on a number of the forums i'm on, adding advertisements for the stuff I love to use/play, and Transcendence is definetely on the list.
If someone could make a cool Transcendence banner(s), i'd be very thankful, and so will George, in all likeliness.
I'll have a go at making one in GIMP, but i'm not that good.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Kick George into letting us have some of the 3D models and we would be in business.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

we could make them ourselves... all we need is a screenshot. nothing fancy, just "transcendence", then a ship firing a gun
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

not guns but mass drivers :lol:
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

section6 wrote:not guns but mass drivers :lol:
I fail to see the point in that post, mainly because:

1) There is a mass driver in Transcendence.
2) A mass driver is a type of gun.

I really don't see what's funny about it :S
Karl
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If you use transdata to extract the games resources, then all the game's graphics are there for you to utilize for your graphical pleasure.

You should be able to make up some nice banners with those. 8) Or just take a screenshot of a cool part of the game, trim it, and put a Transcendence logo and url on top of it.

Cmon, I'm sure there are some people with good graphical skills on the forums...
~
[Grabs a box of batteries.] The power is mine! MINE! Ah hahaha! AHHHH HAHAHA!
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yugimotomanager wrote:I think there should be some 486x60 (or whatever the standard is) banners for Transcendence...
Banner standards:
728x90 is a leaderboard banner
486x60 is a full banner.
283x60 is a half banner.
180x150 is a rectangle banner.
336x280 is a large rectangle.
125x125 is a square button.
88x31 is a micro bar.
120x600 is a skyscraper.
150x600 is a wide skyscraper.
If you are going to put banners into banner sharing programs, they will expect that you follow those format sizes unless otherwise stated. Normally, an ad rotator will use the full or half banner format, but some will use custom sizing too.
I would recommend you make them at both 486x60 and 283x60, since those are the most commonly used sizes.
Micro bars are real handy too.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html