Question of the currency in transcendence

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
jimj316
Miner
Miner

This is really nit-picky, but I noticed that in transcendence, you can buy a beer for 5 Commonwealth credits, and buy a grenade powerful enough to shoot down a space station for just 6 credits more. Either beer is really expensive, or beer is a normal price and high explosives are really cheap. If the former, I would expect to see more grenade-related suicides. If the latter, space travel would be AWESOME :D (but really really dangerous).

So, what gives? Does the monetary system operate on an exponential scale? Is there a galactic beer shortage? Or does the Commonwealth just like watching things explode?
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Well I expect that explosives are just really cheap, because virtually every ship in the game has weapons, and so there must be factories churning out millions upon millions of explosives. I would love to introduce that factory full of missiles to what happens if you fired said missiles into other missiles of their kind, inside a station :twisted:
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Actually, if you look at the prices of the booze you can buy and sell, you'll notice that bars have a rather immense margin. That is, a beer does not, in fact, cost five credits.
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Amilir wrote:Actually, if you look at the prices of the booze you can buy and sell, you'll notice that bars have a rather immense margin. That is, a beer does not, in fact, cost five credits.
It's 15 for a drink in a bar. Well, that's always the case with drinks sold off in a place with good atmosphere.

Anyway, I think it's because water and malt or whatever they use in their beers are rare these days, cause well, they don't make them in stable atmospheres anymore.

See: European Ice Vodka's and other stuffs in the Ice Farm.
Encrypting messages into optical arrays, one cube at a time...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

I'll be observing from afar.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sounds a lot like the prohibition
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Except that you can't make a profit bootlegging beer :( That would be interesting as well: you get a PUI, Piloting Under the Influence :D Then you see drunk ships lazily drift into the sun and get incinerated... ahhhhhhh... sounds like fun :D
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I wish that drug that slows your perception to time really works(makes time go move like bullet time)
Encrypting messages into optical arrays, one cube at a time...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

I'll be observing from afar.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:Except that you can't make a profit bootlegging beer :( That would be interesting as well: you get a PUI, Piloting Under the Influence :D Then you see drunk ships lazily drift into the sun and get incinerated... ahhhhhhh... sounds like fun :D

Or in the case of transcendence your ship flys over the sun and you stay ok. :)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote:
Drako Slyith wrote:Except that you can't make a profit bootlegging beer :( That would be interesting as well: you get a PUI, Piloting Under the Influence :D Then you see drunk ships lazily drift into the sun and get incinerated... ahhhhhhh... sounds like fun :D

Or in the case of transcendence your ship flys over the sun and you stay ok. :)
I think it'd be more fun if the sun killed things. Then you could lure ships into flying into the sun. :twisted: