Bug Reporting - Guidelines / FAQ
Welcome to the Bug Reports forums, these forums are to allow you to easily report, discuss, and check if bugs you discover not duplicated and valid. There are a few things to consider before posting here, first off, any bug reports that are real are posted on the Bug Trac
. This great piece of software is used to report bugs and allow them to be assigned to different versions and grouped by type, so on and so forth. We really recommend you post there however. Where ever you post, keep the rules below in mind.General Bug Reporting Guidelines
Posting a bug report
- Always check for duplicate posts, both on the BugTrac and on the forums (many times the bug has been found in a previous version and has not yet been fixed.)
- When posting a bug report, let us know what version of Transcendence your using
- Let us know what mods or extensions your using (if any)
- You might need to report your system information (CPU, Graphics Card, etc)
This can often be obtained by using dxdiag (Start -> Run -> dxdiag)
- If you feel the bug is real, often a good practice, if possible, is to attempt to reproduce the issue on another system.
- Posting on BugTrac
Before you post on Bug Trac please be aware of the following:
- You must be register to use Trac, once registered you will need to be activated. This can be done by getting on the Transcendence Chat, posting on the Forums, or by email.
- Posting on the Forums
- Always post in the forum that relates to your Transcendence version. If your version is not listed, the bug might be fixed
- All old bug reports go in the Archive, much the same was as bugs go in milestones in Trac, check there before you post.