End Game Setups/Passtimes

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There was already a topic about end-game weapons, but I wanted to talk about the end-game in general. I personally go berserk and blow up every
CSC or black market shipyard I can get my Hands on. sometimes get in trouble
with ringers, too. :D

Last playthru I had a NAMI heavy + Vulcans and an IM90 multiBlaster + 150%. along with a +60% Mammoth100MW and Diamond Lattice. all good fun.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I remember my end-game. It was flying around all systems, and looking for something to opened last stargate. :)
(I made 4-5laps --lol)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

End game setup: 4x Medium Omsk (heavy Omsk is too heavy for the Sapphire!)
Omsk-II + 50%
Katana +fast OR Ares Positron + 10%
Lightning turret x2 (although when I get them... I'm already at Heretic :( )
At Heretic:
Iocrym Fracture Cannon
Trigger fingers so I can I-> A out of the ICS's way.
Question: what happens if the ICS's wreck us destroyed? Non-standard game over?

What I do:
I try to get pteravores onto a Phobos to see if the Phobos dies. Those experiments usually don't end well...
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yes, Trying to lure a phobos into a cloud of pteravores is most definately a difficult task. :lol:

You use the Sapphire? I personally take Wulfen More often than the Sapphire, but one thing I NEVER use is the E1500. Never ever used it.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

The Sapphire is a personal choice. Although it is easier to lure some Sentinels into pteravores at Heretic, except the Sentinels take too long to die...
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Endgame setup? Enhanced Mammoth (or Taikon's top shield), Diamond Lattice armour, as many patch spiders as I can find. Now I think about some really weak weapon to kill ICS - IM90, IFC or Lamplighter (or Lamplighter prototype) are WAY TOO EASY.
Once I killed ICS with unenhanced Ares Positron, but it was in 0.98d and I don't think it's still possible because no command ship is able to spawn sentinels. It took 2,5 hours of constant combat to kill it! :D

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about longreach - it's crucial!
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, in 0.99, I used enhanced are positrons for the ICS. it seems so.. old now. :(

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hey dudes incidentally I'm in my end-game now.
Here's my take: +150Fusiofire Howitzer,Hanzo Blaster,TM7 Blaster, MAGs (lots of 98Rs), Heavy NAMI Launcher,NAMI Mine Launcher, Kiloton Cannon.
The thing is, I found a Commonwealth Station full of goodies that continuously replenishes! My problem is the last time I recently entered Heretic I was chased by a dozen Locrym Sentinels. What a bummer. :roll:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

How do you have a Mine layer and a Missile Launcher? if you can tell me, I'll give you a million dollars.(not really, don't listen to this foo)

sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

buy or loot them form the mine layers in commonwealth missions (csc, fortress (i cant remember which one has that mission))
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Its taken me quite a while to get any real stuff but I usually end up with a lamp lighter.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

IM90 +150% and Taikon 200 +150%... pretty much invulnerable & capable of destroying just about anything.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Resident-Pyromaniac wrote:How do you have a Mine layer and a Missile Launcher? if you can tell me, I'll give you a million dollars.(not really, don't listen to this foo)
I alternately use them of course. I stash them somewhere near a CSC. Hehehe.

Currently carrying: a Plasma Cannon, IM90, Ares Positron Cannon, Ares Micronuke Cannon.
I still have em all except the Hanzo. I have to sell of course. :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......