What is your Transcendence Game plan?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I would like to know how you guys play the game. I personally, prefer this strategy: early-game: loot and trade to get as much money as possible. only install looted weapons. bigger reactors are my priority.

then, about at the point when I have level:IV-VI equipment, I find myself a Gem of Sorrows and jump to Dantalion. From then on, I enjoy myself thouroughly. my late-game weapon preferences are: Plasma cannon, Positron lancer, NAMI heavy+Nemisis, and Fusionfire/Hecates.

also, I use the key shortcuts to do things in T, instead of the mouse. I also have noticed that Ferians are effective in destroying friendlies and netting me the loot that I would have been unable to get myself. :twisted:
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I always play Wolfen.

In Eridani I'll do a mission for one of the commonwealth residentials, quick run through all of the planets, the inner asteroid belt, and asteroid clusters, wiping out all of the enemy stations, then I'll loop through the outer belt wiping out centauri stations, and avoiding Arco. Once I've destroyed all the Centauri stations, I run to Raisu station, and then make a beeline for Arco, taking him out quickly with my missiles. If I did this all fast enough, I'll have managed this using nothing but my starting fuel rods.

I then sell most of the loot, keeping anything better than what I have, and holding on to the centauri rice for now. I try to sell it to an ice farm, but if I don't find one in the next few systems, and I need the money, I sell to an enclave.

Then I'll methodically continue onward, clearing out enemy stations, until I reach Charon. At this point I'll try to have a 100MW reactor, and Class III or monopole shield at least. I should always have a dual turbolaser + collimator by now, I'll stockpile damaged turbos and tinker them, if I need to.

Then I'll backtrack and complete all of the Korolov missions, avoiding the Kronosaurus, I'll aim to get the Class V deflector. Once that's taken care off, I complete the battle arena and use the +50% shield rom on my Class V. Then I assemble my Charon and beyond set.

Primary weapon: x-ray laser + collimator, dual flenser + accelerator, dual particle, I prefer the other two.
Secondary weapon: A mark III howitzer, I'll settle for a mark I if I need too.
Launcher:NAMI missile launcher, of course. I should have plenty of missiles for it by now.
Shield:Class V +50%, of course.
Armor:Heavy blast plate.

With this build, and with a lot of missiles, I've successfully defended the Charon Korolov about half of the time, and the rest of Charon is pretty easy.

If I'm lucky, I'll find a Bushido merchant in St K's, regardless, when I finally find one, I'll purchase a full set of carbide carapace, 300 HP each, and order four barrels of dyon dust to protect me from those irritating Dwarg masters.

With that set of equipment, I'll survive until I reach Ares space, where I'll upgrade to a mammoth 100 + molbidium crystal, Katana star cannon + Bushido enhancer, and a Fussionfire howitzer + speed loader. I'll order tritium injectors to get the FFH up to 150%, and upgrade the katana with +fast.

Eventually I'll hit the rin economy, and work on acquiring my endgame equipment.

Primary weapon: Lamplighter archcannon +fast.
Secondary weapon: FFH +150% +fast.
Launcher: Ares launcher, if I can get it. Otherwise I'll just skip the launcher, nothing else is worth the weight in the end game.
Shield: Taikon 200 +150%, I'll use found longzhu spheres and diamond field crystals for this. I only need a total of 14, so it's not hard to acquire.
Armor: Quadrocarbide + orthosteel nanos. 600 HP :D

In Heretic I'll aim for the Commonwealth Anomaly mission, the Ringers Huygen mission, and the Taikon Xenophobe mission. I'll use all my stored up gems of contrition to make the xenophobe mission easier, and protect stations from the lobsters, if necessary. They don't work on the command ship so I might as well use them now.

I've played through, and won, almost a dozen permadeath games with this strategy. I've never lost once I've made it to Rigel Aurelius.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

As with everything in life, winging it. :)
Usually I look for medium omsk+ omsk-II
Katana
and then I make up stuff for the rest of the game.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I sell all loot (except really good finds) and buy the best equipment at Rigel and St. Kats (both of which have higher level equip than other systems of the same level). I play pretty much the same way all through the game, buying all the best stuff. My end game equip, however, I usually loot. I kill a few phobos and I get a lightning turret (upgrade to 150%, which will take down the phobos shields and a good percent of armor in one blast) I also loot the Kaidun shield, upgrade 150%, and a plasma cannon sometimes, but usually not. My big blaster is usually the lamplighter, +fast.

Also, once for fun I got the slicer cannon, +150%, then I used it the rest of the game. I even took down the ICS shields with it.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
jimj316
Miner
Miner

I usually take the noob's route; freighter, loot everything in sight, sell all but the best as I leave each system (hope I don't have to come back, since now I get rubbish prices for everything) I also never buy insurance, since I die too much for it to be even slightly affordable (I once got the price to 10,000,000+ credits)
Rowanthepreacher
Miner
Miner

Freighter, always. Targeting rom and small bussard ramscoop, sell all of my fuel, because the scoop will keep me in the air for now. Loot and sell everything unusable. Rinse, repeat in all systems. Buy better reactors and scoops when possible, also upgrading to the most powerful omni weapon available. Buy omsk deflector and omsk armour when available, and upgrading to higher omsk armour (the wiki has nothing on omsk deflectors. Are there better omsk shields than the basic one out there?) Eventually, regeneration is applied to armour, or patch spider is purchased. If no patch spider, solar panel (I turn everything off and wait on top of the sun, where weapon-fire cannot touch me. Takes forever, but costs me nothing) after saint Ks, I buy and keep ringer gems, to sell later for rins.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Rowan: There is an Omsk-II deflector just to let you know :) [It's military so you can't order it :( ]
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

bussard ramscoop?? star trek much?:) : not everyone would have access to it in their game:but I do so I understand it. I have the star trek ship because I wanted to try it: but I do not play it ( the Phaser is too much ), I just like the items in the game for extra trade loot.
However: Solar Armor is always a good thing: Omni directional weapons; targeting Rom; Spider Patches ( 2 is always good to keep around, I like to stash one in a destroyed station if I can just in case : but not in a system with a salvager in it. ); I never tried the Omsk stuff.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

my plan is very simple, choose wolfen, and go into hostile territory blow everything up and try not to get destroyed in the process, then whimper back to a friendly station to get my armor repaired
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I guess it depends on the mood. I also love the Wolfen and tend to wipe out the first 2 or 3 systems without a upgrade unless it is cool loot. Then I upgrade at Rigel run past the Charon and get enough goodies to take out the Pirates and Arena. After that I start blowing up ferian colonies. End game is usually Ion Flame Cannon for the Petravores and Talkon Blaster for the end guy. Throw in a Ares Launcher and a few Autons for fun. Sometimes I will mod some stuff and that is more for testing. Then there is "that kind of day" game when I load up all the mods and a God Ship and just blow everything up. It is fun to see a few dozen autons and vipers doing the end boss to the tune of the safety dance.