[George] Part II: Can we have a peek?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I was simply wondering about Part II.

just as a start, I thought about Damage Tiers. there are five Damage Tiers in pt.I, and there are a total of Fifty levels planned. at the Reasonable rate of About one Tier per five levels that places (Roughly) eight Tiers not Represented in Pt.I. So, if you take into acount the Graviton/Darkmatter Tiers, that's about five tiers not Represented. thus, ten Damage types that No one knows about.

Another thing, who or what are the Hierodules? I would presume they are some sort of Advanced Alien Which Is closely tied with Domina/Oracus.

Also, Will we be able to load our old Save Files? and, will the Screen Resoulution be bigger? the Ships keep getting bigger. this would allow you to see the puny size of the Sapphire as compared to a "Heirodule Leviathan" or whatever Mothership is Located at the Entrance to the Core Systems. will we be able to retain a small ship throughout the Game? or is getting a cruiser Forced?

and, I'd really like to hear any other things planned for Part II. Here's hoping it's even more addicting and moddable than part I!
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

heh, looks like you really cannot wait for Part 2 :D
Think about me, (and some other "ancient" players) we are speculating about part 2 since 2007 or so :P

I'm sure that George planned some astonishing screenshots to tease us :D
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Part II is still very early. I've been working on the game mechanics, the overall structure & pacing, and the flavor. I can talk a little bit about what you can expect:

1. Right now, I don't envision new damage types for Part II. Part I takes the player from level 1 to 10; Part II will go from 11 to 20 (and I haven't yet decided on Part III). But level 20 will be enough to sample some dark matter powers.

2. Part II will be divided into four linear acts, each of which advances the story a little bit. I'll most likely release each act in sequence, so you won't have to wait until all of Part II is done before getting a peak.

3. One thing I'm struggling with is the number of systems. Part II has many more systems than Part I (and Part II has a non-linear topology). Not enough of the game is working for me to tell whether that will be fun or not, so we'll have to see.

4. Of course, I envision lots of new modding capabilities. I've been releasing these new modding capabilities as I code them--that is, I'm not waiting until Part II is done before releasing them. For example, the new galactic map capabilities are already out there, even though I haven't released anything that is using them. I'll release future capabilities in the same way.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I suspect the OP is comparing George to Wofly. Wolfy does graphics first so he has pretty pictures to post in the TSB thread. George doesn't so he doesn't have pretty pictures to post.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

george moromisato wrote:Part II is still very early. I've been working on the game mechanics, the overall structure & pacing, and the flavor. I can talk a little bit about what you can expect:

1. Right now, I don't envision new damage types for Part II. Part I takes the player from level 1 to 10; Part II will go from 11 to 20 (and I haven't yet decided on Part III). But level 20 will be enough to sample some dark matter powers.

2. Part II will be divided into four linear acts, each of which advances the story a little bit. I'll most likely release each act in sequence, so you won't have to wait until all of Part II is done before getting a peak.

3. One thing I'm struggling with is the number of systems. Part II has many more systems than Part I (and Part II has a non-linear topology). Not enough of the game is working for me to tell whether that will be fun or not, so we'll have to see.

4. Of course, I envision lots of new modding capabilities. I've been releasing these new modding capabilities as I code them--that is, I'm not waiting until Part II is done before releasing them. For example, the new galactic map capabilities are already out there, even though I haven't released anything that is using them. I'll release future capabilities in the same way.
1) There are only 16 damage types at the moment. Which would mean there will be 4 new ones?
2) Ok
3) Its a big jump in gameplay style vs. Part I, its not that its unfun (ie, why would people be making things like the network or TSB? ;) ) - its just that in the same game, its sort of a big shift. Depending on how its implemented it can work (ie, to accent the changes in plot and objective, ie, its a completely different world out there once you break out the QZ, you can't simply barrel on towards the core)
4) Yep. :3

--

And yes, I do like releasing plot & graphics up front, and doing all the back-end features later.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
steelwing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:1. Right now, I don't envision new damage types for Part II. Part I takes the player from level 1 to 10; Part II will go from 11 to 20 (and I haven't yet decided on Part III). But level 20 will be enough to sample some dark matter powers.
We already see some limited dark matter in Part I. The Penitents' weapons are dark matter, aren't they?
onyhow
Miner
Miner

At 6 dps? Yeah we have...practically useless though...

Although I'm wondering how did the Petinent managed to make those in the first place...that and Oracus wave...
Tannus
Anarchist
Anarchist

I think it's dark acid the penitents use.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tannus wrote:I think it's dark acid the penitents use.
yes it is.

Code: Select all

damage="darkAcid:1d8; WMD1"
The Wave itself is Dark Acid as well: and being as Oracus is an Ancient and a Hostile to the Human Race as well as other Ancients:
this is the great beasty that Domina is trying to protect us from: I would expect that the Shrines got the technology from their Ancient Lord before the Ancients forced Oracus out of or away from the universe we fly in.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..