Support for the Razer/Sixense Hydra

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
bluesaberist
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

As I have one of these controllers, I felt it my duty to make a configuration for Transcendence. I'm not saying it's better than using the keyboard, and it's not. But if you have one and prefer controllers to keyboards, here it is.

The MCE file goes in the Razer/Hydra/Sixense folder. You will then need to stop and restart the hydra systray process (which can be done from the system/notification tray), or (the long way) restart your computer.

This config uses no gestures, and only uses the right controller motion as a mouse in the menus.

Right joystick is movement.
Right buttons:
1 = Use Item
2 = Communications
3 = Enable/Disable devices
4 = Squad commands
start = Invoke Domina Powers
joystick = Map
trigger = Fire Primary
bumper = Mouse click for menus

Left joystick:
up = Enter key for menus and also fires missile launcher.
left = Target friendlies/neutral
right = Target enemies
down = Clear targeting
Left buttons:
1 = Dock
2 = Switch missiles
3 = Ship status
4 = Switch primary weapon
start = Enter stargate
joystick = esc key for menus and exit game.
trigger = fire missiles
bumper = Autopilot

It needs more play testing, but I've put enough time in tonight. The left joystick button and down direction may need to be switched. Also, you to put the attached setting.xml file in the game folder, as one control has to be switched. (Due to mapping the right joystick to the arrow keys. The default setting is for down and up to both thrust, and the period key to brake. This makes the down key brake also.)

Actually, I tend to doubt this will get used much, but I thought I'd make it just in case. Plus it's free publicity on the Sixense forum for Transcendence.
If you drop a bar of soap on the ground, is it dirty?
If a person is legally blind, and can suddenly see, is he breaking the law?
If a friend says he's going outside to get some air, what was he breathing before?
-Brad Stein
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very cool! I don't have a controller, but the fact it works is cool.