Apotamo's Mysterious Vision

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

While playing 1.06 I successfully defended the Huari for the first time. Before leaving the Temple I asked Apotamo what's next to come then he told me of his vision.

He saw everyone: earthlings (I suppose the Commonwealth people, and then he added the Huari and the Sungs), the Ares all dead. I asked if it were to happen if I fail. He said it would if I succeed....

George what will happen next? What does he mean my this vision? Is Domina planning to screw us?

In Eridani I remember Arco Vaughn's mother (the data ROM ) saying something about what about to come that's why she left for the Core.

This is so intriguing. The plot thickens..... :?:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There have been previous discussions on the forums and on irc about this, I remember there was some details given. I'll see if I can't dig them up for you.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Maryams Archive.....found in DEEEP Space.......my Cruiser sent a patrol to recon the place and before they were attacked they managed to send back this report :
<Report from 227MSA Auto Pilot computer:
"To reach Gamma Crucis you must break the quarantine."<new Line>
"The threat to the Galaxy is severe. If Oracus succeeds, there is a 72% chance the .............................................................."
<End Message>
</Report>

( Captain we have hostile targets closing in fast.......Shall we get out of here ?
<Actions>
<Action name=" Oh Yes" />
<Action name= " Lets go to THEM. BATTLE STATIONS!" />
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

shanejfilomena wrote:Maryams Archive.....found in DEEEP Space.......my Cruiser sent a patrol to recon the place and before they were attacked they managed to send back this report :
<Report from 227MSA Auto Pilot computer:
"To reach Gamma Crucis you must break the quarantine."<new Line>
"The threat to the Galaxy is severe. If Oracus succeeds, there is a 72% chance the .............................................................."
<End Message>
</Report>

( Captain we have hostile targets closing in fast.......Shall we get out of here ?
<Actions>
<Action name=" Oh Yes" />
<Action name= " Lets go to THEM. BATTLE STATIONS!" />

Its good to know they use xml in the future. :)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hey it's scary. :(
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:Hey it's scary. :(
Oracus is an Ancient : the Penitent Shrines you meet are dedicated to Oracus.

the Oracus weapons are dark Acid, mean things but merely annoying compared to the defenders that hold the forces or Oracus in check for us ( the Iocrym ). it is no wonder after being on the wrong end of an Iocrym weapon that Oracus left our systems.

I expect that in the future the Iocrym are our only hope if things get too nasty

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

shanejfilomena wrote:
erik dela cruz wrote:Hey it's scary. :(
Oracus is an Ancient : the Penitent Shrines you meet are dedicated to Oracus.

the Oracus weapons are dark Acid, mean things but merely annoying compared to the defenders that hold the forces or Oracus in check for us ( the Iocrym ). it is no wonder after being on the wrong end of an Iocrym weapon that Oracus left our systems.

I expect that in the future the Iocrym are our only hope if things get too nasty
....then why are they (the Iocryms) preventing us from leaving the nether regions? I mean if they are fully aware of the foreboding events and are also connected to Domina, why the aggression? If Oracus is the bad guy then does it mean communing with Domina would be an antagonistic act against Oracus that would lead to an open war against, and in the vision destruction of all races?

Awesome storyline. :shock:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

In my Communing with the Ancient Libraries on Aedevi....I have learned ....

Oracus has been asleep for the last 300 million years. Now he wakens at the same time Humans begin their expansion into the Galaxy.
The Iocrym are charged with protecting Humanity by Containing them....and also being the barrier between the two threats :
The Threat of Oracus and the Threat of Humanity...both lay waste to the universe in their own way.....there are more ways to kill then there are to nurture. and humans are very good at every one of those ways........almost.

Domina and the Ancients, including the Iocrym Guardians will protect the universe at all cost against the barriers and protections holding Oracus in check from being broken: even if it's your life or the existence of the human race....

Ancients are prone to not see the forest for the trees.
The threat Oracus represents might not be as great as they fear: 300 million years, technological advancements......but story telling and ancient fears can have a life of their own.

The Shrines are of Oracus: ( "Penitent Shrines" ) are actually nothing more then Cult communities.
their weapons and shields, while interesting are nothing to the more cunning pilots and weapons of the current day.

Oracus had the chance but went beyond the abilities of the current state of technology to challenge the Ancients: Oracus lost.
The Shrines are well dedicated and cared for by loyal followers, but they are not enough and their technology is still not as strong as their belief in Oracus.......
So unless Oracus returns with something miraculously powerful that even the Iocrym have to gang up on to beat......I do not really see Oracus getting anything but another imprisonment for treachery. I do not think Oracus has the Military might and the presence of the Iocrym Guardians does not increase on this side ....so I do not think they believe the threat is bigger, just a "remaining threat".

As for the destruction of the races, etc.......I think story telling had taken too much of a life of it's own: visions of nuclear destruction
often hold a prominent place in the minds of the terrified.......but rarely ever happen.

Mars was conquered by force, the Orthodoxy bit off more then they could chew......but there are no tales of nuclear holocaust to tell from that war because nuclear weapons are too costly and counter-productive to the resulting property gains.
even today we spend more technological monies on trying to tame the effects of nuclear weapons then we will ever spend in deploying those kinds of weapons.

I believe that the battles will be more mundane then blinding flashes of light, maybe some explosions, destroyed planets......
but the turn of the tide is not as bad as it looks, a well armed independent pilot....flying without orders or a predictable course..
could change everything...
However.......if you fail everything will have it's course according to Domina.
IF you succeed in helping the battle ......yes, I would expect Oracus to have a Mega Weapon .....but exactly what happens AFTER it is unleashed.......we do not know. But I doubt it is powerful enough to wipe out an entire system......maybe most of one.
I doubt that the Iocrym will let that weapon get past them easily to other systems.....and as the Pilot for Domina....
I do not think you will let it get past you to reach the gates easily either.

Cpt. Niceguy
Miner
Miner

Maybe the game was made like that...So in the end you MUST fail...Or something... Maybe in the last part you'll have to sacrifice yourself to save galaxies..
This signature is here solely for the purpose of you wasting time to actually read it.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I now understand why they call epileptic trees... epileptic trees. Thank you TvTropes for providing yet another perfectly accurate trope name.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wolfy wrote:I now understand why they call epileptic trees... epileptic trees. Thank you TvTropes for providing yet another perfectly accurate trope name.
Is there such a tree? :?:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

.... so in the end(at least in part II or III?) we have a glimpse of what's to come. A battle between good and evil(D vs O or wherever you may),survival of the fittest and total carnage. I must say it might become an epic of galactic proportions. A GREAT WAR. :D

Seems to me communing with Domina would unleash an ancient evil, like a Pandora's box of sort, that would give us a hellava exciting game! More fights more enemies, more powerful stuff that lies beyond the Heretic and deep in to the Milky Way's core. More fun and surprises await........
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I always thought that if Domine showed up she'd be a touhou-style boss....
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:I always thought that if Domine showed up she'd be a touhou-style boss....
...yeah like she's clothed in a blinding light but wears(as the name puts it) shiny white tight leather or spandex with a whip and chains. Hehehehe. :mrgreen:

...hellava wetdream. Pardon me please. :oops:
onyhow
Miner
Miner

@erik dela cruz: No, no...as Touhou-style boss she will need to have a really nice hat and then proceed to shoot shitload of bullets in a complex pattern that actually have spaces to dodge...

Although my headcanon says that the player is Oracus...or, at least there's something really sinister with Domina, since, y'know...SHE'S PLANNING TO KILL US ALL!

Then again, if that's true, why would Donima help you? But then, why would Domina called you to the core if her plan is to kill all humans to stop Oracus? She's screwing with her own plan? Oracus is her lover that she wants back? Argh...headcanon blowing up...