It has been a long time.

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So I haven't played transcendence in a very long time. So I thought I would do a system by system log of my progress through my first game back.

The first system was pretty much as I remembered (I chose the yacht). As my first act I destroyed the sisters station and 4 segments of xmh armor and some misc future credits. Then I went to the starbase hub to sell stuff to the corporate base and see if anything good was offered. Turns out there was a rom, a map rom from the fuel station (they only sell map roms so no need to experiment), and an arbalest cannon.
Used the rom to see what it was. Turns out it was a damaged visual rom. I killed off the first Centauri station (and looted it) waiting for it to wait off. The effect seem worse than I remember but it went away and now the rom will be ided.

I turned to the inner system killed off some stations found a habitat and armor dealer. Did the mission for the habitat (yay money for what I was going to do anyway). I was saving for a reactor so I didn't get anything at the armor dealer. The only thing that interested me was class 2 shields anyway.

Went to Raisu but they didn't trust me yet so I went into the outer belt to kill more stations. (luckily didn't find Arco) Went back and got the mission to kill him and a nice mission rack. Equipped it and headed off to kill Arco. He didn't put up much of a fight. I fired a few missiles and no more Arco. Went back to Raisu (mostly to get rid of the arrow as they already gave me the reward).

I didn't have the 3k for the reactor yet so I refueled and cleared out the outer ring. Other than future credits I did find another map rom.

Upgraded my reactor and headed for the gate.

My current loadout is arbalest cannon, class 1 shield, nova 25 reactor, 4 xhm armors. With two map roms and 7 fuel rods in my cargo hold and 1010 credits in my pocket.

It has been such a long time I don't know if that is a good first system or not but here it is I will continue to go through and write these up until I die (in game).

comments?
Crying is not a proper retort!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Nice to know you're playing again! Is it Vanilla? I suggest my permadeath challenge if you have more time to kill ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sounds par. You can walk out of Eridani with north of five kilocreds on top of a loadout like that if the right stations generate, but if they don't you can't.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

system two:

Sadly boring. Started in the outer ring so went around killed everything.

Went around the inner ring killing everything except a Korolov station (the only friendly in the system). Went back a system and got a class 2 shield. Did 3 missions for Korolov before they ran out (as I said only friendly in the system)

So on to the next system (need to remember to use the map rom this time). Only loadout change is class 2 shield and 2560 credits.
Crying is not a proper retort!