Succession #2 Modlist ideas

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

No Powers
Gravity
Dynamic Systems
Why not? Is it because they increase the difficulty of the game?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'd expect gravity to reduce it actually. Humans can learn to compensate for the effect on projectiles. The AI can't.
Literally is the new Figuratively
jimj316
Miner
Miner

RPC wrote:
No Powers
Gravity
Dynamic Systems
Why not? Is it because they increase the difficulty of the game?
Yes, this game is already hard enough to begin with :(

Also because Dynamic Systems totally ruins the game by forcing you to fly a broken ship (no weapons, can't have weapons installed, destroys any friendly station that you try to dock with, has the turning circle of a small moon).
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

jimj316 wrote:Also because Dynamic Systems totally ruins the game by forcing you to fly a broken ship (no weapons, can't have weapons installed, destroys any friendly station that you try to dock with, has the turning circle of a small moon).
That's the Adventure Extension (it's just there to show off retaliation events). We're not playing that, just the main game with Dynamic Systems in it. Please try the main game with Dynamic Systems first. Also, I think that if we have a decent challenge extension modpack, we can get some fun writeups when people report back :D
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Solar Geo
Miner
Miner

Take out rickroll, and use the less derpy visible damage. Not sure about autogate, WE4 won't work with the linked fire on PDrones AFAIK so people had better be made aware of that :) not sure if 400+ will work either. I suggest Reactors 912, possibly with editing to make the Bussards slotless as well.

With that many mods, lag is going to be a killer. And PLEASE no gravity. I hate that mod, since it destroys ships, which if you're playing PDrones is annoying as hell since you can't rebuild them then etc etc, and you can't loot them properly normally either.

Ooooh crap, epic mod-created-lag+Charon system in the Network.....................................................
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Currently, the only weapons that can be linked are those in vanilla, my mods (i.e., Items Pack 912), and maybe newer versions of sdw195's Weapon Labs.

I will see if I can make a linked fire weapons patch to WE4 and 400+ weapons. No guarantees.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:Currently, the only weapons that can be linked are those in vanilla, my mods (i.e., Items Pack 912), and maybe newer versions of sdw195's Weapon Labs.

I will see if I can make a linked fire weapons patch to WE4 and 400+ weapons. No guarantees.

i personally would wait till we had a function to set/remove linked fire, because WE4 has 800+ weapons and since you would need to duplicate almost all of them.... is it really worth it?
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Would linked fire even matter for succession? Unless we're flying around in a capital ship or one of the larger freighters, linked weapons don't mean anything to the players since those little ships don't have linkable slots.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If Playership Drones is included, you want linked fire weapons when you get a bigger ship, such as any freighter or warship with 1000+ ton cargo capacity.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Ok, RPC's tasked me with making up a sanity infrastructure mode for the next rue that I completly forgot about until now of course ....

Also, here are my further suggestions for mods to add ... I'm going to assume that you can find all of these on xelerus...
  • Playership Drones 5 + all it's addons
  • All the playerships listed in the PSD5 compatability pack
  • Change Cargohold View by Category (tiny QOL)
  • Identify before Buying or Selling (tiny QOL)
  • Item Repair Framework (willy says it's the most balanced repair system)
  • The Sandbox LRS (QOL)
  • Early Warning Alarm (tiny QOL)
  • Test Drive (QOL)
  • Named ore light (think this works a lot better than the original)
  • Weapon Labs
  • Auton Assembly Hanger
  • The updated Tesseract pods (overwrites the one from mining pack?)
  • Relief Pack 912 - at least the acid containers part
  • Reactors Pack 912 - maybe do the slotless reactors, help make room for extra fun?
  • Do we want WE4 or the WE5 prototype?
  • Dracorp (one corp with items)
  • No Sell Limit?
  • Mining Charges (single item, fun)
  • Jane's Rom (single item, a little more ID ability)
  • TG's Tan Ru Dorem Storage Station
  • TG's econ mod screens? (TG says ok :D)
Last edited by Star Weaver on Wed May 23, 2012 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Oh, and TG's Tan Ru Dorem Storage Station as well, another small mod, lets us get a jumpdrive sooner but that's probably moot with the lobby system anyway.

Do you want to throw in TG's econ mod work as a preview/teaser since it stands on its own? If it conflicts / dosen't work with no sell limits I can probably merge them in a jiffy. Should probably ask TG...

Oh, and if any of the container mods (like some of the lockable ones i've seen) dosen't allow loot on enter key, could we tweak the actions so it does before sending out the mod package? I find enter being 'enter passcode to lock' superannoying when the crates are unlocked.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If that's the Mining Charges mod that I made, be aware it hasn't been worked on since release, and isn't balanced for availability....so you might have to tweak it mid-game to add to the availability.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Shrike wrote:If that's the Mining Charges mod that I made, be aware it hasn't been worked on since release, and isn't balanced for availability....so you might have to tweak it mid-game to add to the availability.
Huh, I had no idea. Of course, I don't get to the midgame very much myself :D
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I will update the PSD5 ship patch today or tomorrow. (EDIT: Already uploaded!) It will support the Angelus and Xolarix's ships.

I found a couple bugs with the main PSD5 mod. I will upload a fix soon after.

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Also, we might postpone the succession #2 until Starweaver can get a special succession mod going :D
Don't worry, we can still brainstorm here though.