How many on the forums are NOT Vanilla purists?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.

Vanilla Purist or Not?

Vanilla
17%
Mods
83%

Total votes: 24
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I like the fact that you can mod the game but in the end I usually play vanilla. It's straightforward and well balanced. I can't say I'm a purist but I do lean toward that direction.
Occasionally I play the network but it still needs tweaking and with the newwer versions is sounds like there are some issues arising. Besides adventures I only use playership drones when not vanilla. The rest of the mods seem to clutter things a bit much for me and knock the game off balance. Not that drones don't but you can choose not to use them or limit their use and, when the game seems to just not want to be cooperative, helps to rebalance the playing field.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
KaoS
Miner
Miner

I think I might have played 99 prior to the c release as vanilla. After that, the multitude of changes made me want to explore without having to start over, so I made a molotok mod from scratch. Since then, (when I have time) I take a gander at the source and rewrite a new mod as if for the first time. It's always amazed me how easy it is to mod this game so long as you believe in KISS...
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tons of mods, but I am always tinkering with them to add more polish & shine, to balance & to tweak and especially to make sure they play nice together.

My goal is always to enhance the vanilla gameplay and expand its universe, but I strictly stick to what I feel are the setting and aesthetics of the vanilla game.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.