Avast and the Multiverse

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Hi, apparently Datal noticed that the multiverse only works if Avast is turned off. Anybody want to test this out?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I use Avast (free) and was able to get onto the multiverse.
I'll try with a different install to see as well.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Finally I have some time. The problem is because Avast blocks multivers website. Other applications and games are working good. If one of you had a similar problem, please check your Avast settings. Especially network protection panel.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Datal wrote:Finally I have some time. The problem is because Avast blocks multivers website. Other applications and games are working good. If one of you had a similar problem, please check your Avast settings. Especially network protection panel.
Could you upload a screenshot of the Avast settings? I'd love to know whether this is something that Avast does automatically.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

These are the settings, without which the game does not log in to the system multiverse (When Transcendence process was not excluded avast stopped my connection to the multiverse, without informing). At least on my computer (XP operating system). So as You see, I added one process to exclude and one url to exclude. Now Multiverse works.
Especially I installed an additional English language for the program. Suppose You do not know Polish ;)
Attachments
A&M.JPG
A&M.JPG (68.54 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Thanks, Datal, that's helpful.

I'll install Avast and see if I can figure out why it is flagging Transcendence. It could just be that Transcendence is too rare and so is not "trusted" by Avast. This will hopefully change as more people use the Multiverse.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I thought about this and came to the same conclusion.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm having the same issue, except I can't find the setting area to tell Avast to stop blocking the damned thing. Using the free version.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Shrike wrote:I'm having the same issue, except I can't find the setting area to tell Avast to stop blocking the damned thing. Using the free version.
For the newest version:
Click Security --> Web Shield --> Settings --> Exclusions and mess with the exclusions until they look like Datal's screen.

I have Avast (free version) installed on 6 out of my family's 7 computers and still cannot login with my forums account. Does Gambit- need to do anything? Or should my forums account work(if it should then it isn't)?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Still getting an "Unable to send command to server"

Might be the "wonderful high speed internet" we get here in the Halls of Residence. I'll check it next week when I'm back home.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Btw: sometimes it's good to configurate firewall. Maybe you should add Transcendence application to windows firewall exclude list. :roll: I have done it and now it works.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Datal wrote:Btw: sometimes it's good to configurate firewall. Maybe you should add Transcendence application to windows firewall exclude list. :roll: I have done it and now it works.
That was literally the first thing I tried.