Kiloton Cannon

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Diehard
Anarchist
Anarchist

Anyone like the kilo? I tried it a long time ago and wasn't impressed, but in my last game there were a lot of Ranx so I had plenty of ammo to test this bad boy out. It really packs a wallop if you can keep your enemies bunched up at range.

The main problem was space. The Wolfen didn't have the capacity to carry those massive shells. I wasn't willing to ditch my launcher, as I wanted to take full advantage of the Wolfen's 3 weapon slots. Loaded up with ammo I felt about as slow as a freighter... which kinda defeats the purpose of playing the Wolfen.

Anyway, I crashed & burned last night (Dwarg paralysis + Ranx dreads = dead Wolfen) and I'd like to start again with the kiloton cannon in mind. Would the freighter the best choice? Lots of room for ammo and doesn't seem to get slowed down too much when loaded to the gills. Maneuvering to get a decent shot might be an issue, though. Thoughts?
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

the freighter (last time I checked) isn't so affected by a full cargo hold. I'd say its the best choice in an unmodded game (but, as always, I'd reccomend my mod, which I will be updating soon)
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The freighter may have lots of space for ammo, HOWEVER, it is very slow. Since the kiloton isn't omnidirectional, and doesn't track, you will have a hard time aiming the cannon if you aren't a professional. However, if you have the wolfen, it's quite fast and you can really aim it well. But, the cargo space is limited. I suggest perhaps something in-between, a sapphire-yatch. I, like you, is a fan of the kiloton, use it for blowing up ferians.
>.<
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

goat not sheep wrote:The freighter may have lots of space for ammo, HOWEVER, it is very slow.
Doesn't anyone ever use the thruster enhancements on the freighter? Get the Titan Fusion Drive and you've got speed. Better yet, install the Pteracnium Megadrive and you'll be zipping around with ease, even while loaded down.
The freighter has the additional item slot so make use of it with a thruster enhancement.

**SPOILER**

Try a Longzhu on a thruster enhancement for a 25% increase of additional speed.
Diehard
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for all the feedback!

@ FAD -> the hint about the drives is much appreciated - I totally ignore them when using the Wolfen

@ goat not sheep -> do you use the sapphire? somehow I get the feeling you might be a "pro" in the freighter... <grin>

Does the sapphire's turn speed / handling go down a lot in 0.97a when fully loaded up? The Wolfen sure does, especially once you've added a cargo hold. Feels like you're trying to fly through molasses...
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes....i am a "pro " freighter pilot. Yes....i use drives, but, i hate their fuel eating ways.
>.<
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

Don't worry, I've got a mod with some drive mods in it. (Not quite done yet.)
My Level X drive makes the megadrive look like a Tritium thruster. :twisted:
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I HATE ships that are too fast.
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, they're difficult to control.

Btw, Dg3, i've made a drive device exactly the same as you have described - the Fichikai Inertialess Drives (I didn't exactly have a good imagination for names then, did I?).
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't really like modding drives because I don't like to use them.
>.<
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

Yugimotomanager wrote:Yeah, they're difficult to control.

Btw, Dg3, i've made a drive device exactly the same as you have described - the Fichikai Inertialess Drives (I didn't exactly have a good imagination for names then, did I?).

Yes, Yugi, I know you did. But mine increases turning rate, too. It's not that hard to control. And I'm working on some lower-power, cheaper thrusters too that require very little energy.

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

All my drives increase turning rate.
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

Moving the subject back to the Kiloton Cannon...(glares at Yugi and self for getting off-topic)...I've never used it, since I've always relied on Ion weaponry through most of the game. I thought the Kiloton was basically another version of the Akan. But now that I know that it's Thermonuclear, and we have Teraton Fabricator Pits to make more ammo, I'm going to test it out.

Moving back offtopic temporarily (glares at self again):
Current dream ingame ship:
Frieghter w/ Hyperion 1GW reactor
Heavy Ithalium armor +Orthosteel Nanos +Patch Spider(s)
Level X Plasma Cannon +25%
Kytrn Launcher w/ammo(I give damaged armor to the Teraton Pits a lot 8) )
Iocyrm Veil +100%
ICX or Quantum CPU

goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You like ion weaponary? Fight 2 fleets of luminous drones.
>.<
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

1. I've always kept two weapons w/different damage types installed every time I fight Luminous.

2. Why do you think I'm switching away from Ion?

3. What's the point of this discussion, anyway?