under powered like a boss

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

so i managed to get to jiangs star with what is probably the lowest and cheapest equipment i've ever seen:
NO SHIELD
50MW Reactor
omni turbolaser (which i barely used because i couldnt find the collimator)
omni partisan turret
Mark 3 Howitzer currently at +105%
NAMI launcher (used a boatload of stilettos
Patcher arm
a Smugglers Cargo Hold
Mayakev blast weapon enhancer
and the reason why i have no shields:
a set of four quadrocarbide armor segments which i found in the first penitent station that went boom! lucky me !
i realized that my quasi 5t shield was draining too much power from my 50MW reactor so i ditched it in favour of the Mark 3 Howitzer. and besides the shield went down too easily and the armor was just so good that it barely got scratched.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

durbanator wrote:so i managed to get to jiangs star with what is probably the lowest and cheapest equipment i've ever seen:
NO SHIELD
50MW Reactor
omni turbolaser (which i barely used because i couldnt find the collimator)
omni partisan turret
Mark 3 Howitzer currently at +105%
NAMI launcher (used a boatload of stilettos
Patcher arm
a Smugglers Cargo Hold
Mayakev blast weapon enhancer
and the reason why i have no shields:
a set of four quadrocarbide armor segments which i found in the first penitent station that went boom! lucky me !
i realized that my quasi 5t shield was draining too much power from my 50MW reactor so i ditched it in favour of the Mark 3 Howitzer. and besides the shield went down too easily and the armor was just so good that it barely got scratched.

not bad. let me know when you meet the ares.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd say that's not underpowered at all, except maybe the reactor. Find a bigger one and a shield, and you'll be set for killing a Phobos! (The howitzer is really good.)
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

so i ran into a bit of bad luck with the kobolds.
i ususally play permadeath runs so after dying because of utter forgetfullness to press i1 and invoke domina's blue shield i feel a bit reluctant to ressurect and continue..
i did manage to scrape together enough credits to buy a Hecate cannon and i figured why not enhance :D
so i had a hecates cannon +60% (and yes it did go up to 60 with the tritium injectors) ome to think of it, i should ressurect just to see how far it goes in the beta 3 version.
i got myself a 600MW koshiba enhanced by the heloitrope fuel rods
ive been pretty good with the hecates cannon and i usually instagib most small fighters and even the sandstorms. that hecate cannon was my pride and joy.
i didnt even make it to the first ringer station sadly.
since i ditched the mark 3 howitzer and the enhancer i thought i might as well get a shield of some sort, but the 50MW mammoth +40% wasnt good enough.
i think i misjudged how awesome the hexacarbide armour was due to my immortality in the previous systems.. i didnt realize that kobolds were packing some nasty missiles..
funnily enough i think i had 4 heavy orthosteel armours sitting in m cargo hold..
one even more facepalm moment of last night was that i also had one more go with the insurance but i was lazy to hunt down the last insurance building and buy it
i thought after all those slaves i sent into slavery for domina and all those green cubes of domina goodies she would have had some reason to shield me up before i went boom.

on a side note.. what exactly does happen to the slaves when you give them to the sisters of domina?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

durbanator wrote:on a side note.. what exactly does happen to the slaves when you give them to the sisters of domina?
Brainwashing.
Literally is the new Figuratively
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Silly but true answer: The coffins that contained them disappear, never to be seen again, and the transaction is recorded on your stats.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

thats one thing i never really got about those slave coffins.. they're coffins. with corpses in them right? what could domina possibly want with coffins full of corpses?
or are they in some sort of sung slaver induced lobotomized state where they are essentially reduced to a computer? like how the huari use the slavers to fix the dragon slavers archcannon?
and i remember a long time ago there used to be an illegal item. cadavers i think.. whatever hapened to that?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Slave coffins are essentially people converted into a living computer, similar to the Shadows' ship cores from Babylon 5.

Human cadavers are still in the game, but they are so rare that many games can be finished without ever finding one.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A slave coffin is a hibernation pod.

As to why they use hibernation pods, well, have you ever read anything about casualty rates in the transatlantic slave trade? No business likes shrinkage, even -- perhaps especially -- evil businesses like slavers.
Literally is the new Figuratively