Transcendence Version Archives

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks. I was after 1.3 so I could have a go at Beyond the Mainline. I think (?) that it might be possible to recompile it from the source code, but there's enough stuff that I don't know how to do without adding more to the list. :lol: Also it would be good to be able to download other versions so I can check out the older mods without a heap of compatibility problems.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When digdug is back he has all the versions and we'll sync the official archive
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm back ! well, I never left ! :P Well, RL got me ! :(

I have nearly all the versions, including most of transdata versions on my Dropbox, so we can do this easily :)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

george moromisato wrote:
Blitz wrote:That's odd. All I get is a blank page
That's my fault. I need to do a redirect. Stand by...
Sorry to upset the New Year Space Races competition with a dead reactor, but as an Update :
I am not getting anything on the link from the wiki to http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/arch ... ans100.zip

I had a craving for the one version I love, but mysteriously don't have

thought it was my frozen Alaskan Wireless adapter, but it's been a half hour, so I think not.

I am sure you guys are hard at it the computer thingy over it - no fears, I will check back.

Happy New Years to you all ( which is easy since the Commonwealth obviously uses a version of UTC : how else could Decker always be awake when you show up ? :) )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Linkdead :/
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It's not just 1.00, Shane. For me, at least, the entire Archives section is down.

I imagine George is/was doing something with it, what with the new beta version, and it'll be fixed reasonably soon.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Another bump. Older mod compatibility is the main reason but it's also quite good to have a look at the older versions because it shows how much the game has improved.
Mikho
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey folks, just tried the archive link from the OP and got a blank page as well. Don't know if it's needed, but I have 0.98d, 0.99c, and several 1.somethings available in case digdug is missing one, doubtful as that is. If/when the archive link is fixed, please post, I'm not online as much as I wish, thanks to no wireless, but would very much like to have all versions. Lack ambition, but have been wanting to compile a list of all mods that work with a given version. It would still be up to the player to work out individual mod conflicts, but at least one wouldn't be attempting to load 1.5 mods on a 1.04 game. For hours. Also, as I recently injured my hand IRL, I appreciated the mouse functionality of 1.7. Hope y'all enjoy your day!
Flying zombie monkeys+Commonwealth militia+coffee drunk while sitting in my customized, personalized Iocrym Battle Pod (God version)=one exciting day for a member of the Sindikat.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Another bump. This would be good for all the reasons mentioned by members previously but also to help bugtest Vachtra's problems with 1.8b2.
CMircea
Anarchist
Anarchist

The link is dead, I get a 404. George, do you still have the archive around? I think we should still keep the old versions around somewhere, for nostalgia at least :)
Maybe the same with Xelerus, it appears it's not maintained anymore and the community thought it would go down, but it's still up, somehow.

It would not be hard to store the old versions on Azure or AWS, probably will fit in the 5 GB free for one year as well.
Mikho
Anarchist
Anarchist

Huge fan of this idea, as I use mods excessively and many of them require old versions. Not trying to incite a riot, but there definitely is a need for an exhaustive archive among some portion of the community. As I've stated above, if someone with more knowledge than I starts an archive, I'm willing to contribute every version I have.
Flying zombie monkeys+Commonwealth militia+coffee drunk while sitting in my customized, personalized Iocrym Battle Pod (God version)=one exciting day for a member of the Sindikat.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mikho wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 pm
Huge fan of this idea, as I use mods excessively and many of them require old versions. Not trying to incite a riot, but there definitely is a need for an exhaustive archive among some portion of the community. As I've stated above, if someone with more knowledge than I starts an archive, I'm willing to contribute every version I have.
In general, you can retrieve old versions using archive.org (example)

Does Github allow for archives of previous versions? That might be a good centralized place to put them.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Mikho
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for the suggestion, I had forgotten that was an option. And I'm not sure about GitHub, never used it, but if it works do it, say I! Might work on Sync too, have one responsible person create a free account and then post the link in the forum. Don't feel like it's my decision to make, but heartily support any progress toward a functional public archive. As you say, I can and will go digging through the internet till I find what I want, but it would be much better if I didn't need to. Judging by the dates on earlier posts in this thread, this project has been in some demand for years.
ShaggyMoose
Anarchist
Anarchist

I have the following versions if required:
  • 0.95b
Major_Tom
Anarchist
Anarchist

This might be a weird question but does anyone know which is the last version that supports Windows 98?

edit:
nvm, it's 0.7