[Belated Thread of] The RPG.NET LP of Transcendence 1.1

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Spun off from the 1.2b4 thread.
I shoulda done this earlier, but it didn't occur to me to thread this until now.

Yeah, apologies for conducting an LP in secret. >_>' I didn't expect someone important from here to run into the LP there.

State of this LP:
-Version 1.1. I started this before 1.2 went into beta. I'm quite far into the game already; the save is not likely compatible, so I won't upgrade.
-This game is modded with PM's packs. The first post of that topic lists the mods I use. Nothing game-breaking, no new weapons and all that.
-This LP has been scummed 5 times; twice due to technical issues (forgot to turn on screen capture, mission Sung prisoners accidentially "rescued" by Commonwealth), 3 times due to replaying the Huari scenario. I copy my save whenever I enter the next system out of habit.
-I have already died twice quite early on; the only conduct I care about now is No Friendly Stations Destroyed By My Hand.
-This LP started in April this year, as of this post I'm currently 75% through the game. Or at least I think it's 75%. (Jiang's Star Completely Explored).

RPG.net requires signing up to post, but fortunately VGO is one of the boards you are able to read without an account.

Here I'll update this topic whenever the LP is updated (~once every week or two). Aside from commentary for any part of the game, you may participate in any ongoing votes here. Though...the ones I'm holding are few and far between, and short because of lack of participation.

Current vote's on whether to show all 3 Huari final scenarios.

User avatar
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2876
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 am
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:41 am

I love reading your LP! It's just that I started uni this year so I can't afford to mess up GPA :/
Yes show all three scenarios if you have the time ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Image
Image
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Alright. I'm probably not getting more votes anytime soon.

Huari end seqence is posted. Next: Severain's Star!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2338
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 am

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Few things you should know about longzhu spheres, which you call "dragonballs", in newer versions:
* In 1.1, Iocrym plasma weapons are not energy weapons anymore. Longzhus cannot enhance them as before.
* In 1.2, longzhus cannot enhance weapons/shields past +30%. I do not know if this applies to 1.1 too.
Download and Play in 1.8 Beta...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Download and Play in 1.7...
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!
Playership Drones v7 (Beta): (OUTDATED!) Acquire and command almost any ship in Stars of the Pilgrim or Eternity Port.
Work in progress... Playership Drones v8: On hiatus!

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:16 am

Damn, I'm gonna miss hoarding Dragonballs, but I suppose its for the best.
BTW: Yes it does enhance past 30% in 1.1. A test scumsave gave me +80% on the Lightning Turret but I don't wanna use it for that. >_>

(Too bad the Bushido Enhancer doesn't work on the Lightning Turret. =.=')

User avatar
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Heretic. (Finally!)

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:45 am

I've played Transcendence for about two years, and I've never EVER seen the Huari battle that consists of only the Dragon Slaver. About it's weapon, I'd say it is the best weapon in the game in it's own rights. It shares the antimatter damage type with the Lamplighter, and although it has slightly lower damage, it has greater range that more than compensate for that. True, some might like the unstoppable Iocrym Fracture cannon more, some might like the versatility and ease of use from the IM90 (but that god cannon has been nerved in 1.2) and some, like me :) , might prefer the sheer destructive force of the Ares Plasma Archcannon (That thing is grand. One-shot a britannia? Sure. One-shot an Iocrym Sentinel? No. You need three.) Still, if I'm asked to choose between the Qianlong and the Lamplighter, I'd choose the Qianlong. It fires farther, and it consumes a ridiculously small amount of power. That's if I have at least five longzhu spheres, that is. :D
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2338
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 am

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Many of the best weapons in previous versions have been weakened one way or another. With longzhu stacking eliminated, there is no way in standard to enhance positron weapons to +150%. IM90 only has 64% of its former power. On the other hand, the old plasma cannon has been powered up, and it has 219 plasma DPS (previously 156) in 1.2. Most thermo weapons have been powered up, and those can still be enhanced to +150%.
Download and Play in 1.8 Beta...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Download and Play in 1.7...
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!
Playership Drones v7 (Beta): (OUTDATED!) Acquire and command almost any ship in Stars of the Pilgrim or Eternity Port.
Work in progress... Playership Drones v8: On hiatus!

Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm
Location: With the stRong.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Speaking of good weapons no one ever uses, the TM7 has over 500 thermo DPS unenhanced. With significant tracking ability. Ah, the perils of being an ammo weapon without a reliable source of ammo.

User avatar
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2391
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:02 am

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Ammo in shops regenerates in 1.1 so you can use the TM7 if you want. I think the ammo is kind of heavy, though.
Literally is the new Figuratively

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2756
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Spun off from the 1.2b4 thread.
I shoulda done this earlier, but it didn't occur to me to thread this until now.

Yeah, apologies for conducting an LP in secret. >_>' I didn't expect someone important from here to run into the LP there.

State of this LP:
-Version 1.1. I started this before 1.2 went into beta. I'm quite far into the game already; the save is not likely compatible, so I won't upgrade.
-This game is modded with PM's packs. The first post of that topic lists the mods I use. Nothing game-breaking, no new weapons and all that.
-This LP has been scummed 5 times; twice due to technical issues (forgot to turn on screen capture, mission Sung prisoners accidentially "rescued" by Commonwealth), 3 times due to replaying the Huari scenario. I copy my save whenever I enter the next system out of habit.
-I have already died twice quite early on; the only conduct I care about now is No Friendly Stations Destroyed By My Hand.
-This LP started in April this year, as of this post I'm currently 75% through the game. Or at least I think it's 75%. (Jiang's Star Completely Explored).

RPG.net requires signing up to post, but fortunately VGO is one of the boards you are able to read without an account.

Here I'll update this topic whenever the LP is updated (~once every week or two). Aside from commentary for any part of the game, you may participate in any ongoing votes here. Though...the ones I'm holding are few and far between, and short because of lack of participation.

Current vote's on whether to show all 3 Huari final scenarios.

Good luck with the 3 Huari scenarios - thats something I always have issues with. :D But great work!
Image
Image

*** AWAY ON SABBATICAL ***
** USE EMAIL TO CONTACT ME **

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:24 am

Updated after a 3 week hiatus:

A run of Severain's Star.

I run into the med carrier first. I'm looking for a military one, so I skip using it for now (aside from demonstrating the Thioseptial "bug")

Also 3 lucky finds in a row, and potentially 3 more if I can cough up the rins =.='

User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5374
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Minor amendment to your disintegration explanation is that shields do protect you from disintegration, but only if the shield absorbs 100% of the shot. If any damage leaks through to the armor, then the armor will need to be disintegration immune to survive.

Shatter is another special damage modifier which can instantly kill ships, but its not a guaranteed death like disintegration. (I believe it has to do with remaining structural HP of the ship, and a % chance modifier)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image

george moromisato
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2950
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:53 pm
Contact:

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Updated after a 3 week hiatus:

A run of Severain's Star.

I run into the med carrier first. I'm looking for a military one, so I skip using it for now (aside from demonstrating the Thioseptial "bug")

Also 3 lucky finds in a row, and potentially 3 more if I can cough up the rins =.='
Awesome! You've gotten impressively far.

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 am

Wolfy wrote:Minor amendment to your disintegration explanation is that shields do protect you from disintegration, but only if the shield absorbs 100% of the shot. If any damage leaks through to the armor, then the armor will need to be disintegration immune to survive.

Shatter is another special damage modifier which can instantly kill ships, but its not a guaranteed death like disintegration. (I believe it has to do with remaining structural HP of the ship, and a % chance modifier)
So Disintegration is applied exactly like all other status modifiers (if shields are up, no effect unless the next shot will crack the shield)? Errata will be in next update.

Thanks for all the support guys! :3

User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5374
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 am

Correct - or if your shield has bleed-through for that particular damage type (like the Trenton)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image

Post Reply