[Belated Thread of] The RPG.NET LP of Transcendence 1.1

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Earlier PSD releases used to include another mod that overwrote most enemy ships with 40 facings support, but was eventually abandoned because it was work to update each ship after each version update.

1.2 includes altered sprites for some ships. I am not prepared for the work needed to redo PSD for 1.2, yet.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, a longer than usual hiatus as my entire December "got eated". :S

When I got back, I immediately managed to die twice in a row. (Ventari, stupid careless radiation poisoning)

However, I found a pre-nerf IM90.

CURSE YOU ADAM SMITH

Edit: Oh yeah, I keep seeing wrecked Xenophobe Defenders. I once feared those guys, now I sorta pity them. They keep dying before I even see them.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Still quite busy around here.

Still no military CSC. Maybe I missed something?

I take out a rather huge gathering of 2 Ventari + 1 Citadel + 1 Ranx. Longest fight in the game so far because the Ventari keep coming and I had to keep running away.

I'm surprised I was able to make it out alive.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

CSCs are pretty much random, IIRC. I once found only a military one in Dantalion or so, not counting Terra and Antarctica. I think if it's not already, at least one CSC should always be stationed at some place before Point Juno.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Also note that if a CSC spawns too close to an enemy station it will move away. That might mess up the placement of the one CSC that spawns in your game if the RNG is *really* angry at you.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
greatchicken
Anarchist
Anarchist

Wait those things *MOVE*? I know they're carriers but they've always behaved like bases to me 0.o

Make no mistake I already found 2 CSCs. Both of them are *medical* carriers, not military. Even Severain's Star's is the medical carrier, which is unfortunate because all the CW Outposts there almosts guarantees cargo runs. I'm going back for a bit and hoping 2 carriers can spawn in the same system.

PJ (I'll hit there after Ky Xymmr according to the map I got from St Kat's) is likely military, but if its anything like Charon's Korolov, I don't think I can rank up there. Meh, this and I really want to scum to complete the Military questpath...
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

don't dock at PJ. Without adequate rank, it'll not give you the quest. And the Ares siege will begin.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Carriers move very slowly indeed, and only when they're in extreme danger. So in most games you'll never see them moving. They're slow enough that you can dock with them while they move if you get the angle right, although you won't be able to get missions until it's finished moving.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
greatchicken
Anarchist
Anarchist

Quick question here - if I don't get the Juan Carlos mission, am I still eligible for the Antarctica quest?

(Yesh, I ran across India... )
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

greatchicken wrote:Quick question here - if I don't get the Juan Carlos mission, am I still eligible for the Antarctica quest?

(Yesh, I ran across India... )
I believe you'll be OK. In order to get the Antarctica mission you need to be a Fleet Commander (or better) and you need to have recovered the Lamplighter prototype at Point Juno. The Juan Carlos mission is optional.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update. I found a Teraton Fabricator! But I think I made it mad.

Next wrong move is likely to kill me. I have enough money to make it happier tho, but what a waste. I only got 2 material inside.

Don't tell me it eats only Ringer Spice and Ambrosia...

Also, I get an Ion9 and get promoted to Privateer.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fabricator can eat luxury food too, but starting at 1.1, it has random favorite and hated foods, which are exceptions to +1 disposition. Give it a favorite, and it gets happy easily. Give it something it hates, and it gets angry quickly. If you have some spare slave coffins, death cubes or other soul item, cast them into the fabricator to make it very happy.

Fabricator is harder to use effectively in 1.1+, and it cannot transmute low level junk above level 8. If you want to reroll level 10 weapons, you will likely need to farm Phobos or Iocrym for undamaged loot.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

>_<

Ugh, I didn't realize its been changed so drastically. I quit after IT GAVE ME BACK A RECOILLESS AFTER I DROPPED A BROKEN PLASMA ARCHCANNON IN, and that's after it reduced my broken Kaidun to a 100MW Mammoth.

I hope this doesn't mean I can't generate Kytryn ammo from it anymore. I know where the launcher is I think, but haven't found the ammo yet.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ammo replication recipe remains unchanged.

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update!

I make Fleet Captain. Now I can proceed to Point Juno no problem.

I don't know if I want Phobii to randomly spawn. They're dangerous s***, but I really, REALLY want a free Archcannon. >_>'