Best & Worst Weapons

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If the Penitent cannon had a better fire rate, and the projectiles weren't so flimsy it would be a passable (if not decent) weapon.

The APA is a very fun toy. Is there anything else that even comes close to putting out that much damage at that range?
Ironically while it's very obviously designed as a standoff weapon requiring you to hang back and rain death from afar, on the occasion I have managed to get one I've found it far easier to use primarily as a skirmish weapon - close to spitting distance from behind with zero chance to miss.
Of course this has other problems....

I must also mention the Ares Lightning Turret, which is one of the most viscerally satisfying weapons ever. It doesn't fire - it purrs.
And does a fairly decent job of chewing things up.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Er.. viscerally satisfying?
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

pip wrote:The APA is a very fun toy. Is there anything else that even comes close to putting out that much damage at that range?
Actually, yes, provided you can live with missiles.

The Gotha-10 does 67% higher DPS at 8% more range and if you have Corporate Command and pick the Freyr it swivels.
The Gotha-100 does 50% higher DPS at the same range and tracks.

The plasma type advantage isn't huge against most opponents you can see in D&O part 1. You could slap a speed loader on the APA and you can +fast it for +25 equivalent where you can generally only +20 a launcher with ingenuity, but you're looking at three times the slot load at that point and the whole reason the Rasiermesser launcher is hard to enhance is that it's not a primary weapon. You can't pair it with anything of similar range except the APA itself, but you can pair it with a defensive weapon like the Ion Flame Cannon or similar anti-projectile mop.
Literally is the new Figuratively