Unidentified items; discuss

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:Awesome discussion.
[...]
2. More even distribution across levels: Right now there are more unknown-type items in the early levels and not as many in the mid- and high-levels. [Please suggest some.]
3. More methods for identification. All should come with a trade-off (even if just fuel use) but there should be more interested (i.e., fun) ways to identify items. [Please suggest some.]
I know that one of PM's mods adds a number of higher level barrels, which I've often found useful.

+1 on that antenna + enthusiast forums idea, if you make this a mod, I'll use it!

I sorta dislike the unidenfied items system, but I've gotten to like it because of the roguelike aspect, it's just part of the transcendence experience (which isn't to say it can't be improved!).
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I can definitely see how revealing hidden things can be somewhat entertaining, but honestly I really can't be bothered with it. It's a chore which I personally find makes playing the game less enjoyable, and the new analyzers are not really all that great what with the breaking things and having a tiny amount of uses.

And this is why I run the Identify when buying/selling mod. Always.
Pay money - Receive information.