Adding Some RPG Elements

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

so, i had this idea the other day and its quite half cooked so far, but im hoping someone here will be able to pick up and carry it through.
i dont know how many of you are familiar with the elder scrolls series of games, but in the game theres a statistics page which tracks a whole lot of details regarding the players progression such as steps taken, miles ran/swam weapons used etc.
one other game that came to mind was the final fantasy series. specifically the way you get your skills and the skill tree and how you progress through it. once again i am not sure how many of you guys would be familiar with it.
so, merging these two ideas into something that would be compatible with the trans universe would be something i would really like to see happen.
im probably not as clear in explaining the idea i have in my head.
i recalled something about the wyvera living ship mod that i tried playing with some time back. there was a mechanism that tracked how far the ship went in order for it to evolve new weapons or something. i have very little modding skills and going through the xml files for that mod wouldn't mean much to me at first, but it got me thinking.. i know there is a way to track the weapons fired because it shows up on the current player stats screen. but what if there was some sort of system that rewarded a player for proficiency with a doing a particular task, or a type of weapon?
suppose there was a player bonus that you could get for killing say 1000 ships with a laser type weapon which would give a permanent 10% increase in all laser damage? or perhaps evading 1000 missiles would give you a small bonus defense against missile damage. the same could be applied to standard commerce, suppose you reach a target for selling a certain amount of a type of item, like medical items or luxuries or illegal items or arms etc. you get a small percentage based bonus while selling those same items in the future
perhaps something similar could be adapted to suit transcendence.
also one other thing i would very much like to see would be some sort of player leveling and experience gaining aspect. suppose you're limited to only being able to use items that match your level. i think it might revolutionize the way people play transcendence. it would require a whole lot of bug fixes and a lot of work too. but i think it might be a good trial to see if transcendence 2 could use some similar game mechanics
there is a whole lot of stuff that perhaps is a lot to read on their respective wikis
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skills_(Skyrim)
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sphere_Grid
if anyone has the time and would like to go through these pages to try to get a better idea i would love to hear about this
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

If you press F2 there are stats, but probably not super specific or anything.
The closest thing to a skill tree is the Domina power stuff IIRC and even then it's more of a skill line and not a tree :/
I'm looking into how to research weapons for Star Genesis so that might be similar to the 'evolution' stuff of the Wyvera, but yeah, the idea needs to be a bit more fleshed out before coding starts :S
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.