The Fusion Nightmare

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So with some number crunching and testing in G.O.D, I believe I have found the highest DPS primary-weapon setup in the game. I'm not sure it's possible to get in a normal game, but I'd love to see people try for it, because this thing is awesome. I call it the Fusion Nightmare.

Start with a sapphire, because of extra slots. You'll need them. You will also need corporate command. You'll also need a minimum of a Titan drive (to control recoil) and a Hyperion (because this setup runs well over 500MW when you factor in a shield as well).

You'll need to farm omnithor stuff to get all this:

-Dual fusionfire howitzer (slightly less damage than 2 fusionfires all up)
-2X side-mounted howitzer (exactly the same damage as a normal fusionfire)
-Lithium booster (boosts thermo damage)

Install these on your ship. Now...the extras.

From all the trade posts in your game, get yourself 15 tritium injectors, and use them to boost the dual fusionfire up an extra +150%. You're now doing some insane damage. But we're not done.

Now, find a high-speed howitzer loader and install it. Your DPS has now been multiplied by 1.7.

You should now have:

-Dual fusionfire +200% (234X2 damage)
-2 side-mounted fusionfires +Fast (130.5X2 damage across both guns)

This gives a total damage of 729 per shot. And we are firing 2.1 times per second, for a total damage per second of just over 1530. An average damage of just over 1530 (thermo) per second. To put it mildly....this is insane.

Deimos' melt. Phobii disintegrate (Well, not quite. It takes 14 salvos to the front of a phobos to kill it, assuming it's not firing back. That's seven seconds. Assuming half of your shots get taken down, that's still under 20 seconds to kill one). The Iocrym put up only feeble resistance.

Now, use your remaining slots (this setup only uses 3 slots for the weapons+enhancers, but you'll also need the drive and a shield...but with a sapphire you'll still have plenty left) to see what other stupid stuff you can do to augment your already stupidly-good ship. I'd advise some longreach autocannons, because while they suck, they'll shoot down *some* incoming fire, and incoming fire is the main problem for this setup, since fusionfire rounds are delicate.

I suspect Omnithor gear might be *slightly* overpowered, although to be fair you do need to go absolutely out of your way to get and use this setup (and it doesn't stop you charging into battle and getting killed by beams that get through your fusion-spam)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This might possibly be even more ridiculous if you can manage to use Ingenuity to have Domina beef up the sidemounts, too. Too lazy to calculate the DPS on it, myself, but imagine tacking an extra 40% onto each of those.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote: This might possibly be even more ridiculous if you can manage to use Ingenuity to have Domina beef up the sidemounts, too. Too lazy to calculate the DPS on it, myself, but imagine tacking an extra 40% onto each of those.
Hmm. This is also true. Spamming Ingenuity would indeed make this even better.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

+150% thermo weapons are the easiest high-powered endgame weapons to get now. A ship with enhanced TM7 cannon and a large stockpile of ammo can do a lot of damage.

Another CorpCom option is (omni) thermo cannon plus thermo shell nanofac. 120 shots of unenhanced 214 thermo DPS (less if omni), and after the fight, the thermo cannon shells regenerate.

As for side-mounted weapons, remember they can take damage if struck. It is okay to have some bonus as one-time damage protection (losing the bonus instead), but it probably does not make sense to burn lots of enhancers on a side-mounted weapon only to lose it on an unlucky hit.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:…it probably does not make sense to burn lots of enhancers on a side-mounted weapon only to lose it on an unlucky hit.
 I don’t think you can use enhancers on side-mounts, can you? Unless something got changed that I haven’t noticed yet, enhancers can only be applied to your currently selected main weapon in vanilla/CC. …Well, mostly, anyway. I’m pretty sure you could use a longzhu sphere on a sidemount, but they don’t stack anymore, and that’s not going to apply to anything in the thermo line regardless.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You indeed cannot use enhancers on the side-mounts. It's Ingenuity or internal devices only.'

The problem with damage means that you need a large shield....but keep in mind: if you have a good shield (massively enhanced Kaidun or better) and some longreach units, there is nothing in the game that you can't kill before your shields drop.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ahh yes this setup is really awesome indeed :D
i've tried it with the freyr ship once or twice though i usually stockpile the side mounted mark V howitzers and drop them in a fabricator if they get damaged. i only get the lithium booster once im sure im done with the jumpdrive and no longer need it. device slots are at such a premium in the later stages.
one interesting thing i've wanted to try was to get the thorin multicannon and enhance it with an optimizer to give 5(i think) shots per second x8
each projectile doesnt do great damage but the x8 and the +fast coupled with the swivel mount on the freyr make it quite easy to face the general direction of an enemy and hold the fire key pressed and just take out all the enemy fire. i remember taking down a few deimos destroyers by maintaining about a 40-50ls range and drifting while continuously firing, it blocks almost all of the lightning turret shots and even the hecates cannon fire. i havent been able to get the dvalin 9ion cannon since its been buffed (probably the last time i've seen Dvalin's 9ion was before 1.1) but im curious to see how it works with the freyr
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

durbanator wrote:ahh yes this setup is really awesome indeed :D
i've tried it with the freyr ship once or twice though i usually stockpile the side mounted mark V howitzers and drop them in a fabricator if they get damaged. i only get the lithium booster once im sure im done with the jumpdrive and no longer need it. device slots are at such a premium in the later stages.
one interesting thing i've wanted to try was to get the thorin multicannon and enhance it with an optimizer to give 5(i think) shots per second x8
each projectile doesnt do great damage but the x8 and the +fast coupled with the swivel mount on the freyr make it quite easy to face the general direction of an enemy and hold the fire key pressed and just take out all the enemy fire.
You don't need +fast. The time it takes to get all 8 shots out and the base fire rate are the same so it's already continuously firing.
Literally is the new Figuratively