The 7th Transcendence Succession game

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can we start an etherpad so that anyone who is interested in taking a turn can enlist? It would probably help a lot in organizing who takes what turn. It would also show when everyone who was interested has had a chance to play and when so that people know when they can start taking a second go?

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Agreed, an etherpad would be superior to listing stuff on an xelerus post.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Etherpad link: http://etherpad.kronosaur.com/p/succession7

I will sync the contents of the etherpad with the first post, take a turn by either mentioning it in the thread or editing the etherpad.

@RPC

Many insurance options are available at the insurance station V2, I recommend checking them out.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If no one takes a turn tomorrow, I will (like to) take another.

I would have played a turn today, but unexpected circumstances interfered with that plan.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I cannot load RPC's save. Error message reads "Unable to find type: a0031000 (missing mod?)"

I can load Datal's save, and will proceed from there.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

a0031000 isn't in the extension UNID range; it's a multiverse UNID. It must have autoloaded during RPC's turn.

I've updated the instructions to require renaming the Collection directory while taking a turn.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

TVR wrote:a0031000 isn't in the extension UNID range; it's a multiverse UNID. It must have autoloaded during RPC's turn.

I've updated the instructions to require renaming the Collection directory while taking a turn.
That's really strange (and likely a bug). A game shouldn't load a new extension after it's created.

This appears to be one of Wolfy's extensions. Could this be the Osaka player ship? There might be a bug in the engine.

EDIT: I think this might be the Legacy Resources compatibility library.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded turn #4 (alternative) savefile at Xelerus.

Highlights:
* Added yet another resurrection. Turns out, resurrection is great for free fuel and armor repair. I should self-destruct more when permadeath conduct is blown.
* Lost the pirate autons.
* Replaced the broken Antares II with "The SuperMule" Antares V.
* Bought a "Megas" Lindworm.
* Found some Charon strongholds in the previous systems. One of them (the system before Rigel) has a Charon frigate wreck nearby (unless offscreen fighting destroyed it).
* Made it to Rigel, and completed Battle Arena except for The Slicer (to avoid destroying the Black Market station).
* Bought a stack of nine unidentified ROMs from the Gauron station for about 1,500 credits. Using one revealed them to be Gatling ROMs, worth 90,000 credits each when sold. Most of them were sold and we are filthy, stinking rich!
* Also at Gauron were military IDs for sale. I bought a few for our ships.
* Bought the dual ion Beamer from Gauron too.
* Acquired Black Market ID.
* All three ships have solar panels and some form of armor repair. Antares and Lindworm have patcher arms, and Wyvera has patch spider (because it ran out of device slots).
* All three ships have at least .20c speed. Lindworm has .26c to keep up with the Wyvera.
* Lindworm and Wyvera have 250MW reactors. (I did not go higher because helium does not work on level 8+ reactors.)
* Lindworm has super fast particle weapons and mining gear (laser Beamer and miners hold).
* Wyvera has dual ion Beamer. (I wanted to put it on the Lindworm, but Wyvera is the starter ship and needed a stronger weapon.)
* Wyvera has a -20MW device - it needs it because the dual Ion Beamer is a power hog.
* Antares carries nearly everything we own. It has only 100MW and weak defenses due to lack of useful armor. I installed smugglers hold to avoid losing illegals when docking Commonwealth stations... or so I thought.
* I discovered that smuggler's hold does not automatically let the player dock Commonwealth stations while carrying illegals. This makes the hold worthless as a convenience feature that guards against accidental confiscation due to pilot error. Had I known this before installing the hold, I would have passed and installed a miner's hold instead.

I noticed that with Arco gone, Centauri stations no longer give free fuel and services. Having better things to do spared them from being victims of a munchkin-fueled killing spree.

I did not strip mine systems, but with over 200K credits, no one needs to mine unless someone (like me) needs raw material to play with Teraton fabricators late in the game.

TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Link to PM's turn4 save: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1444

Published a patch that will allow us a choice between RPC's or PM's turn4, installation details in the first post. If we continue on RPC's save, I will update the modpack download with the patch.

@GeorgeMoromisato

Yes, confirmation on Legacy Resource Library. It's likely that autoIncludeForCompatibility="13" causes autoloading.

BTW, would you like a turn?

@PM

Take nothing for granted. Especially once we're in the Outer Realm.

Heh, would love to hear the story of resurrection #4.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:* I discovered that smuggler's hold does not automatically let the player dock Commonwealth stations while carrying illegals. This makes the hold worthless as a convenience feature that guards against accidental confiscation due to pilot error. Had I known this before installing the hold, I would have passed and installed a miner's hold instead.
While the smuggler's cargo hold does not mean automatic success for your smuggle check, it does increase your chances for success by a large margin.
I would advice smuggling without a smuggler's cargo hold for experts only.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: resurrection #4.
I do not know the exact circumstances. I probably self-destructed instead of saving the game when I quit the game.

Since nearly all of the time I spend on Transcendence is mod development, I quit by self-destruct instead of a save, and I have done it so much it has become a reflex. I have to think and watch myself to not self-destruct when I really want to save the game and quit.

Anyway, once I get my next turn, expect me to self-destruct a lot for free fuel and repairs (since permadeath conduct was broken). I neither want to spend minutes sitting on a sun nor spend noticeable sums of money for fuel.

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I would recommend going with PM's save. He did a LOT more than I did, and found the Gauron roms whereas I just skipped over them >.<
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'll take turn 5 (using PM's save as suggested).

~Pixelfck
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Explored and cleared Kaus Media star system, characterised by its blue giant:
  • The system has had a large population of heliotropes with a good amount of heliotrope destroyers, which initially gave me a hard time trying to keep the mule alive.
  • Found gate to Charon star system, but did not enter the system (we should be able to beat of the initial attack).
  • Increased the rate of fire for the Wyvera's Dual ion Beamer a good deal, where it was overpowerd before, it is now a dual ray of dead.
  • Upgraded the Wyvera's plating to C7000 composite armor.
  • Left some goodies in the mule.
Entered Aquilae system, characterised by its two dense asteroid belts:
  • Explored and cleared the system, nothing overly interesting happened.
  • Left some more goodies in the mule.
  • Parked our little fleet on top of the star gate leading into the heart of the Tiberius system.
Despite upgrading the Wyvera's equipment, our credit situation has improved (although not by a whole lot).

Succession game nr.7 turn nr.5 up for download on Xelerus.

~Pixelfck
Last edited by pixelfck on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

You just can't leave the SuperMule alone. I messed around with the save a bit, left the mule next to the jumpgate, and it died. Whatever. We really need to upgrade its shields and armor.