The United African States

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

A quick write up on the United African States, one of the new sovereigns in Eternity Port:

http://multiverse.kronosaur.com/news.hexm?id=1050
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So the old backstory of the UAS being bankrupted by bad shipbuilding (cough original Zulu) is completely gone now? Awesome. It'll be interesting to see their more modern designs.

...I don't suppose a faction that's known for mining stuff being in the game might mean more mining stuff is in the game? I know most people find it horrible and dull, but I rather like mining.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The game is "short" and many experienced players like to rush the Boss fights and grind up the higher profit levels : I for one remember running as fast I can to grab an omniTurboLaser..

However, I love Mining, I think the incentive to Mine for the greater good of the system and the player should really be "something"..

I mean, I enjoy mining and seeing the factories go to work, I think that building stations ( or re-building) should also be an element where the player can get involved.

I know the game is "short" but the beauty of it is that it can LAST FOREVER if you want it to.

So, if mining, we look back at GiantCabbage's Mining Missions in MissionFramework : we can see that giving the plaYER a mission to seek out ore with the Thumpers was a great idea for Mining Lovers.
I think we can take that further - I think that not only could the player help the Mining Colonies, I think that "new station construction" missions might be useful side missions( or help in adding on to existing stations : like Gundam(?) Platform, maybe if the player can not do anything else, they can at least help with continued construction..)

I am NOT suggesting any of the new stations are incomplete or ugly...but this is Transcendence, I think it is possible that the evolution of the stations and systems could reinforce the evolution of the player as a servant, a pilgrim, a warrior... if they can practice what they preach
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I always love these snippets of backstory :) keep them coming please.