Sometimes we forget

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

since my computers ( 3 of them ) all died out within the same week I returned home, I am reduced to borrowing a Disney mini laptop -- stop laughing.

Anyway, this thing is not very smart, but it is smart enough to run ONE GAME : Transcendence 1.0

the games we have been playing can NOT compete with the Classics..and they are Classic.

Sometimes we forget what it was like in those days, the long Alaskan nights trying to reach Domina time and again....

I can say one thing about this NOT FUNNY situation I have with my computers : it has forced me to go back in time and rediscover Transcendence.

Sometimes, I think, we do forget what got us here..why we came. Playing the 1.0 is a great reminder of the reason I love this game.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm in a similar situation. My computer won't start this morning. My backup was not kept up to date when Microsoft stopped supporting SP1 and won't run Trans. :(
Literally is the new Figuratively
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Always have a backup carrier pigeon in case of computer troubles.
Wolfwalker
Anarchist
Anarchist

Always keep a Linux install on a flash drive. If Windoze craps out, boot from the stick.

Although for me it's reversed. My primary computer runs from the stick by default, so if the hardware craps out I can just take the stick to another computer and boot... and it's my computer. My files, my settings, my programs, on whatever box I boot the stick on.