again and again

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

At the moment the parts of the game seem repetitive. There are a couple reasons that I see for that.

You can get your final loadout in mid-late game. There needs to be a progression beyond what the game would normally have that would still be useful to the player. Things like the Lazarus don't help because there faults so overwhelm there benefits. You can also easily get level 10 items one system after St. K.

The kill loot cycle has been emphasized. I know that you want to close exploits (trading post and duralloy) but it takes trading out of the game when the only trade routes can only give you a fraction of what Charon can give you and there are even better places to get money than Charon. The game already rewards you tons because you can get better equipment in the kill loot cycle why does it also need to be the best way of getting money and making you safer?

The last boss. I don't even fight the last boss anymore. I have fought him lots of times. You need a specific loadout to fight him and even then its the same tactics ever time. There should be other ways to win. Looting him while he is still alive is one. You can even get Domina to open the gate for you if you have been very good to her. We just need different options to end the game.
Crying is not a proper retort!
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I agree with the end boss part, as I have fought it many times. Making it stronger and the weapons needed rarer isn't going to help... hmm... though I also believe there should be a boss... I guess like, maybe You can get Dominia to teleport you to this place to fight another boss... and maybe it can be more than one ship. BTW, shouldn't this be in bugs and brainstorms?
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This is more of a balancing issue than an idea/bug, so I think it was the correct decision to put it in the section.

I also agree with the end boss part.#

I quite like the repetitiveness of the game - games need cycles that players can become familiar and comfortable with. I do, however, feel that trading should play a more (optional) important role in making money - I still think the kill/loot cycle should remain, but decreased somewhat.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

don't get me wrong I think the kill loot cycle should remain too but I don't like how it is the best way of doing everything.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Betelgeuse wrote:don't get me wrong I think the kill loot cycle should remain too but I don't like how it is the best way of doing everything.
Yeah, there should be other ways of gaining the same amount of money through trading, being a mercenary (I think becoming a mercenary should become a big part of the game), etc.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Lots of BIG ideas being suggested. If george implements this, 97.b or w/e the next version is will be further delayed.
>.<