what's gonna be in the next version?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
seigfried
Anarchist
Anarchist

hi all, im seigfried. i love this game and i just can't wait for the next version to come out

i was wondering whats gonna be in the next version, so if the maker of the game (i think his names george something) could tell me (and everybody else i guess), we'd be really grateful
go soul calibur 3!!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Well, I generally do not announce too much about the next version, partly because I don't want to ruin the surprise, but mostly because I don't have a set plan for what goes in each version.

I can say this: The next version will likely be a minor version (0.96b) meaning that it will not have major changes. It will, at minimum have the following new things:

1. Teratons, which as I said elsewhere, are the "evil" version of Ringers. You will be able to trade with them (for rin) to buy/sell some things that Ringers do not deal with.

2. Some extension improvements (already mentioned elsewhere) including support for DockScreens, etc. [no support for system defs in extensions yet]

3. A few extra weapons and items, mostly for the higher levels.

And maybe one or two surprises.
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I honestly didn't think that the Teratons would be included until another "major" release.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Revolver wrote:I honestly didn't think that the Teratons would be included until another "major" release.
1. I'm not very consistent about major vs. minor. I'm running out of numbers, so I'm trying to pack as many features into "minor" releases. :)

2. As with all new things in Transcendence, Teratons will start small (not much implemented) but will grow over time based on interest and demand.

3. I really want to add more things to the high levels (everyone agrees that the end-game needs work). Hopefully, Teratons will be a step in the right direction.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Sounds great George. I like surprises, and Teratons sound interesting.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yay! Teratons at last! Will you be creating any new items specifaically related to them? If so, you also have them condemed by the Ringers, and when you dock at ringer stations they could take the teraton stuff from you, much like the commonwealth does with illegal items.

Another race mentioned in the xml every so often; the Hierodules. When will you be introducing them? They sound as if they are pretty close to the galactic core.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Yugimotomanager wrote:Another race mentioned in the xml every so often; the Hierodules. When will you be introducing them? They sound as if they are pretty close to the galactic core.
Yes, that's very perceptive. Hierodules are the servants of Domina and Oracus (Hiero + dule = holy slave).

They won't be in the next version. But at least some kinds of hierodules will be in for 1.0 (probably).
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ive spotted a few things in the xml that arent in it yet, but I wont spoil the surprise for others :wink: It suffices to say that something might become a bit more tame
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ive spotted a few things in the xml that arent in it yet, but I wont spoil the surprise for others Wink It suffices to say that something might become a bit more tame
Maybe it'll tame you. It doesn't actually say. I'm thinking the other, related ones might be cooler though.
kaibutsu
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh, there's plenty of version numbers left...

After .99 comes .A0, right?
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm, I've usually seen version 0.100 come after 0.99 - when you're talking about version numbers, the decimal does not indicate fractional values, it's just a separator like a comma.
ultrabot90
Anarchist
Anarchist

george moromisato wrote:Well, I generally do not announce too much about the next version, partly because I don't want to ruin the surprise, but mostly because I don't have a set plan for what goes in each version.

I can say this: The next version will likely be a minor version (0.96b) meaning that it will not have major changes. It will, at minimum have the following new things:

1. Teratons, which as I said elsewhere, are the "evil" version of Ringers. You will be able to trade with them (for rin) to buy/sell some things that Ringers do not deal with.

2. Some extension improvements (already mentioned elsewhere) including support for DockScreens, etc. [no support for system defs in extensions yet]

3. A few extra weapons and items, mostly for the higher levels.

And maybe one or two surprises.
Surprise? What surprise? :?:
-eregards,
ultrabot90
WARNING-v strong language, but still good.A gamers manifesto
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Oddbob, I prefer the others too, but tame was an easy reference to fit in, and its a great song
seigfried
Anarchist
Anarchist

oh, whhens the next version gonna be raleased?
go soul calibur 3!!
ThorWarriorX
Miner
Miner

Great, thom. You uncovered the surprise!
Sentrettenian Empire