Succession #8

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I really wanted to play the game again but didn't want to go through the whole first half for the upteenth time so I was looking for the previous succession. Apparently it's already done, so I'm asking if somebody wants to start a new one?

If I were to start another Succession I can't really do any mod stuff though so it would end up being a Vanilla playthrough.

*EDIT: If you'd like to join just comment here and we'll see if we can get started!

*edit changed title from "Who wants to start another Succession?" to Succession #8.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm down.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm good with it, as long as it's vanilla.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Straight-up vanilla succession? I might be up for that, myself.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think I am in. I need an excuse to make myself actually play the game instead of making in new, odd things.
Has resurfaced!
Aeon Blaze
Miner
Miner

Count me in for a vanilla succession too.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I may be up for a vanilla succession depending on ship choice.
Literally is the new Figuratively
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Atar: what ship do you want? I can play any ship.
When do you guys want to start? I'm thinking of taking the first turn tomorrow morning (so in ~12 hours).
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The sapphire is the most versatile ship in the game, so that should do reasonably well.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

All right, here's turn 1.
EDIT* Welp, forgot to make it an unregistered game, will retake turn 1.

New turn 1.
-found the charon pirate fortress by following the black market dudes
-korolov shipping has a LOT of freighters
-sadly the other stations are the centauri occupied stations so couldn't do too much.

It was asked on IRC if there was a one system per turn limit but I'm not going to impose that this run. It was then mentioned that you can finish the game in 17 minutes if you speedrun, so I'm just going to hope that nobody's going to speedrun this.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Turn 2: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/54a ... a840a4ae64

Decided to do 2 systems.

Current loadout:

-dual particle beam weapon
-blast plate +10% [*4]
-NAMI missile launcher
-Yoroi S100 shield generator
-Nova 100 reactor
-smuggler's cargo hold
-15,000 credits

I even topped up the gas tank for you.

Currently sitting in the Arena, with the right to challenge the Slicer. I'll let whoever's next to decide whether or not to save Katami. This is where I'd recommend getting insurance if we're trying to keep this permadeath, but we'll see how that goes.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Turn #3 uploaded here.

I decided to just go one system, but it was one helluva system for this early on. Some of the highlights of my turn:

» Explored Rigel Aurelius.
» Rescued Centauri controlled station.
» Looted Centauri recoilless.
» Moved wrecks out of Arena with aforementioned Centauri recoilless.
» Rescued Katami.
» Destroyed the Slicer.
» Enhanced Yoroi S100 by +20%.
» Forgot to uninstall and sell Centauri recoilless after Arena landscaping.
» Proceeded to Van Maanen.
» Annoyed the kack out of Charon by destroying a stronghold.
» Retaliated by destroying three other strongholds.
» Looted prodigiously.

Except for the Centauri recoilless and the enhancement on the Yoroi S100, the loadout has not changed.

Current ammo situation:
» 169 KM500 Stilettos
» 183 KM110 Starbursts
» 545 KM100 Longbows

Current fuel reserves: None.

Current funds: 43,502 credits.

Current location: Docked at Al Maisan stargate.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok, loading the save now.

-Went through gate. Saw lots of shooting. Noticed we're running on the stock engine setup and decided to do something about that. Went back through gate.
-No wonder we're sluggish, we're also overloaded. Right, time to lighten the ship.
-Sold the Urak mass driver, 450 of the KM100s and the two boxes of booster.
-Fun fact: Rigel Aurelis often has a sneaky little medical dealer around the side near the enclaves. And in this game? It does!
-This brought us up to 49K in the bank. Not bad.
-Went back, did some trading with an ice farm. Found a hotel, then two fuel stations that still had rods.
-We can actually afford Black Market weapons right now. But we can't install them, so I'm not getting them just yet. More importantly, the BM weapons I've seen aren't that good.
-Bought drugs, ore. Sold in Eridani. Bought a drive upgrade so this ship actually has some speed.
-You guys didn't clear Eridani! I guess I'll do that.
-Flying around the outer system looking for centauri bases to kill and loot, I'm intercepted by a heavy raider with a raider as a wingman. I'm impressed they managed to catch up with me (Yeah, I know they would have spawned in, but let's be a little IC here). I do the only honourable thing and kill them both with the centauri recoilless.
-Bah, this is boring. Time to give up and go kill Arco.
-Free KM500's are always nice. But I think I'll use the Longbows on Arco, as long as he's got an easy setup for me to crack.
-Eating pie and killing warlords is a nice combo. And I just found a raider station on the way. And killed a raider with a station explosion. This is fun!
-And the loot is good: an omni laser and some valuable food items.
-Arco was a breeze, and he had a full set of centauri nanos. A quick test shows that it won't reset the augment on our armor, so we only have 3 barrels of it now. Ah well. Arco's base has no delicious food to steal, so I go station-hunting.
-It's time to replace the recoilless with a better secondary weapon. I found a couple of ROMs at eridani that we don't have ID'd. Those should be handy. Anyway, time to head back to the frontline.
-Bought a PK25 at Rigel. One ROM was an optimiser so it's rapid-fire now. Doubled back again and bought an accelerator. We now have a fly-swatter to deal with stuff the low-DPS of the dual-particle isn't good be.
-Alright. Now it's time to actually move FORWARD in this game.
-I say, old chaps. I seem to be a bit short on fuel.
-Ah, a black market station. These fellows will help me out.
-Emptied out their illegals, sold some fusion triggers to them. Killed an outlaw haven and a death drug outpost. If I can sell all this stuff, we'll be very rich.
-Killed the kronosaurus, but aggro'd a friendly station which could have gotten us more money. Oh well.
-Oh hey, a radioactive scavenger wreck right next to a dead Sapiens base. I wonder what happened here? :p
-Picked up Volkov.
-Left all our valuables in the radioactive scavenger in the inner system of Al Maison. I'll pick it up later.
-Charon time!

(Editing as I go: posting because I'm about half way through. I'll go to St. K's, sell stuff, then upload)

-------------------------

PART 2:

-Gate to char-*needle scratch*

Ok. So the Korolov Shipping Company built its station IN SCANNER RANGE of the charon pirate fortress.
KorolovGenius.png
KorolovGenius.png (201.71 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
......who precisely thought this was a good idea?

So I kill the charon fortress BEFORE the korolov base dies (I don't even try to save it: With our gear that's impossible), then set about pirate-hunting my way through the system. The particle-beam works for long-range strafing and the PK25 murders the swarms. I accidentally kill a bunch of corsairs by exploding a drake on them.

I interrupt pirate-hunting to go sell all the crap I've been picking off dead ships.This is always the problem with Charon: Lots of fighting, lots of loot, but no fuel

Oh hey, an Auton dealer. Good to know business is thriving here in Charon. The Korolov guys should really have bought some. Might have done them some good. Maybe a mapping auton so they can not build their freighter depot next to a fortress full of pirates. Oh wait, they do know about it, otherwise it wouldn't be on the Charon Base Map ROM that they give me....

....I get the feeling that this station is just some big setup to force through some legislation at the CW parliament or something. It makes no sense otherwise.

Anyway. Moving on.

I clear the system, and get a targeting ROM for my efforts. This is a pretty good deal, actually.

Time for St.K's, but first I need a bit of sleep. I'll finish this turn in the morning. From a first look around, it looks *very* lucrative. I'll only be doing trading. Other peeps can have fun shooting stuff. I'll be doing a fair bit of trucking to take all the loot through anyway. But yeah, I'll get it done in the morning before I head to the lab.
---------------------

Edit: Ok, not gonna finish this morning. Will finish this afternoon instead. :)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Part 3:

-Dropped all our missiles on Incandescent so I can concentrate on trading. I'd actually sell the launcher and missiles if I could, but the KM500 is out only precision weapon right now, and we'll be facing Sung soon.
-Did some runs back between Charon and St. K's selling loot
-Cleared out St. K's factories.
-Bought Bellfruit. It rotted before I crossed the system. Bought more Bellfruit. Rotted before I'd crossed the SECOND system. George, please make this method of trade at least *possible*, please? Is refrigeration or canning a long lost technology of a dark yet enlightened past era at this point?
-Sold some coffee. We lost 10K out of the bellfruit debacle, but we're still at nearly 118K.
-Got bored, decided to go shoot the St.K's stuff anyway. Did Dall's mission and got a mapping auton.
-Military ID time. Killed a Sapiens compound, got the ID....and then had to eat lunch fast to get back to the lab.

--------------------

Part 4:

-Militia wouldn't give any more missions. Of course. Still, now we can load the XM300 *legally*. Speaking of which, I've got some now. I've sold all our KM100s and replaced them with these. I'd advise selling them to the Black Market when we can.
-Looted ANOTHER military ID, some drugs and a actinide waste cannon from a transport fleeing an outlaw haven. If I'd had this earlier, I'd have sold this horrible dual particle beam and gotten us a slightly-less horrible TeV9.
-Looted a dual particle beam weapon. We've already got one though, and the PK25 is a better weapon anyway....so I sell it.
-I used Hiro's ROM on our shield because it was going down a lot. Yeah, yeah. I know there's better shields than the S100 that will take it but eh...the S100 will do us until we can get something that's L7 or up.
-Looted a defective auton, then blew it up.
-Bought a whole bunch of fuel for the next leg of the voyage to the Core.
-Bought an auton, it was a mule. It died.
-Worked out what autons at the dealer were good ones. Bought 6 1M's and a 1M/i. Would have bought more, but I'm only willing to buy those autons while they're cheap (And un-ID'd). In any case, 7 of them will be a nice little bonus without getting in the way (Much). I was sorta hoping for 300Ds though. Regardless! We have an auton swarm now! Use it wisely (Read: Use it to ambush things, rather than bringing everything into battle at once and getting them killed in explosions. Teamed up with Volkov that swarm will be a good way to cover a retreat or farm incoming gunships at a gate).

Ended my turn by flying through the gate to the next system and ordering our TX3 explorer to begin charting the system. We have ~100,000cr, basic military rank, and a good stock of fuel and ammunition. We also have some illegal goods we can sell at a later point. We're currently fueled partly on uranium rods, so expect a few radioactive waste barrels to turn up...unless I've dumped them all already. The next player will find a heliotrope outpost scouted already, and the auton zipping off to do its stuff. Good luck!

Here's the savefile (Not zipped, so 'save link as' to get it)