Marauder Boss Mission?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Basically, I was thinking if the Charons and Marauders are so similar, then shouldn't the Marauders also have a boss mission of sorts? For example, there could be a secret powerful marauder ship patrolling the outskirts of Sanctuary.

Well here is what I am thinking of a back story to support this:

The Pirates of Charon and the Marauders of the Ungoverned Territories have existed for over a century. Originally, these rogues were no more than scavengers licking up the remains of corporate giants that laid claim to every inch of every star. As time passed, these scavengers slowly grew in size and scraps no longer satisfied them. This lead to piracy, raids, and eventually large scaled multi-system organized crime. They called themselves the Pirates of Charon, named after a desolate system scrapped to bare bones by Corporate giants. The Pirates of Charon were largely ignored throughout the century and eventually grew so powerful, that it became the sole pirate faction left in Human Space. After the rise of the Pirates of Charon, the pirate empire lead an expedition into the ungoverned territories ravaged by the war between the Commonwealth and the War weary Sung from the Haurian-Sung War. The expedition established tens of bases throughout the ungoverned territories and stole the technology of the aliens of the ungoverned territories. To the great Commonwealth, they were called the marauders. The Commonwealth saw these pirates as a threat, but the Ares Orthodoxy War prevented direct Commonwealth intervention against the pirates. Therefore, the reason why the Pirates of Charon and the Marauders of the Ungoverned territories have survived for so long.

Here is the mission idea:

There are rumors that Charon Expedition Fleet's Flagship wreckage is still in existence in the outskirts of Jiang's Star, the frontier of the Outer Realm. The rumors say the Flagship made it past Eta Ceti and was severely damaged during the expedition. It then retreated to Jiang's Star before the ship unsuitable for space faring permanently. Find the wreckage and transfer data.

------------------
Then follow up mission ideas that I'll edit in tomorrow.

Cya!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

First off, this goes in suggestions.
Basically, I was thinking if the Charons and Marauders are so similar, then shouldn't the Marauders also have a boss mission of sorts? For example, there could be a secret powerful marauder ship patrolling the outskirts of Sanctuary.
The Charon pirates are a group of loosely organized criminals with something of a central government in Charon. The Marauders are just raiders, with nowhere near that level of organization, at least to my understanding. The game tends to imply things about factions rather than state them, though.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have never thought the Marauders as unorganized pirated. If they could establish tens of bases in the ungoverned territory, raid super freighters consistently, and have a large navy per base. In addition, the Charons and the Marauders are quite similar in both design and ships. Therefore, why shouldn't the Marauders have a better background?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Kourtious wrote:I have never thought the Marauders as unorganized pirated. If they could establish tens of bases in the ungoverned territory, raid super freighters consistently, and have a large navy per base. In addition, the Charons and the Marauders are quite similar in both design and ships. Therefore, why shouldn't the Marauders have a better background?
The Charon pirates were the big fish in a small pond, and could take a capital system because the only other major power in the area was focused elsewhere. The Marauders are small fish in a big pond, and would have to compete with the militia, the Sung, and the myriad other powerful groups in the region for territory and power.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:
Kourtious wrote:I have never thought the Marauders as unorganized pirated. If they could establish tens of bases in the ungoverned territory, raid super freighters consistently, and have a large navy per base. In addition, the Charons and the Marauders are quite similar in both design and ships. Therefore, why shouldn't the Marauders have a better background?
The Charon pirates were the big fish in a small pond, and could take a capital system because the only other major power in the area was focused elsewhere. The Marauders are small fish in a big pond, and would have to compete with the militia, the Sung, and the myriad other powerful groups in the region for territory and power.
That being said, they do have pretty tough bases, improvised carriers (the raid platforms) and capital ships (the Tripoli). They also used to have one of the most annoying and dangerous interceptors in the game (the Barbary) before it was nerfed into oblivion. So they're reasonably tough as factions go. Ultimately I think there's room for plotty goodness here, but it'd probably take an official expansion or extension to do it, since they are something of a small part of the game.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Shrike wrote: That being said, they do have pretty tough bases, improvised carriers (the raid platforms) and capital ships (the Tripoli). They also used to have one of the most annoying and dangerous interceptors in the game (the Barbary) before it was nerfed into oblivion. So they're reasonably tough as factions go. Ultimately I think there's room for plotty goodness here, but it'd probably take an official expansion or extension to do it, since they are something of a small part of the game.
I'm thinking that we should expand the "pirates" factions of the game as previously mentioned. Something like my idea of a lost Charon expedition flagship would be interesting.