Near Stars in Domina and Oracus

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Vannor
Anarchist
Anarchist

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to get the near stars added in Eternity Port to show up in the base game. I know the quests would probably be difficult, so I am just looking at the locations themselves, I'm a bit of a completionist so I have this itch to map out the entirety of human space in one game.

I apologize if the answer is something obvious like they already exist there and I just missed the gate, I found out about this game a little late so I'm not terribly experienced with the xml files yet to check myself.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If I recall correctly there's an extension being worked on that links EP and D&O.

It could be modded in fairly easily if you don't want to wait.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Vannor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for the response, I'll look into modding it in, should be a fun little project to work on.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

EP and CC both add a lot of missile and launcher types that have overlapping utility and behavior. There's gonna be a huge glut of early-midgame weapons; if EP content gets added to D&O, it's gonna mean a lot of scrolling at stations that sell weapons. CC adds new sovereigns like Collectors to the early mainline (Eridani-Rigel-St. Kat's) and things are gonna get really crowded if the EP sovereigns also start showing up there, especially the Earth factions with their goofy currencies.
Vannor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for the link AP, I've been playing around with grafting the topology (I just recreated the ships as a separate extension anyways) but with limited to moderate success, so I may just wait for the official one.

As for the glut of low level weapons I don't really have a problem with it, makes it interesting to see different regions developing different cultures, it makes the difference in near earth stars and new beyond stars feel more distinct. Perhaps Near Star weapons could be sold for more in the New Beyond and vice versa? That way once you got to the Near Stars those weapons that were now useless for combat would become commodities.

Edit: And for the rest of the issues, I wouldn't mind seeing a cutback on spawning Near Star stuff in the New Beyond, makes sense, seeing as they have such different styles of stuff that they haven't connected much to the New Beyond.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:There's gonna be a huge glut of early-midgame weapons; if EP content gets added to D&O, it's gonna mean a lot of scrolling at stations that sell weapons..
Stations select their inventory based on their own XML coding, which randomly selects a range of merchandise based on rarity values, tags, etc....so the inventory size should stay exactly the same. All it means is that it has a much wider range of weapons to choose from. So you won't get a "glut" of weapons, but you will have less chance of any particular one turning up when you want it. But given the overlap is mostly at the low end, this doesn't particularly matter....sources for low-end stuff are easy to find.

I know that restricting the area that stations spawn in (IE: only the Near Stars, everywhere except the New Beyond, etc) wasn't possible when EP was released, but was on the cards for later stuff. This would also help things out. If weapon availability does become an issue, then making a system that adjusts the availability of an item based on the system might work, but could get complex.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You will get ammo dilution, though. The more ammo using weapons there are the easier it is to wind up with ammo for all the weapons you don't have and none of the weapons you do.
Literally is the new Figuratively
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

I don't have the expansions, but do you get access to the Dominia and Oracus star systems in the CC and EP expansions? and travel to the core?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Corporate Command is an addon to the default Stars of the Pilgrim adventure, and adds more systems to the existing topology. Eternity Port is a separate adventure, and though there is a good deal of overlap in its systems, it doesn’t go all the way to the core.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:You will get ammo dilution, though. The more ammo using weapons there are the easier it is to wind up with ammo for all the weapons you don't have and none of the weapons you do.
This is the exact problem which was the main motivation for me requesting both the Wasp Launcher* and Wizard Auton mods from PM.

*I see that PM has removed the wasp launcher mod from xelerus, probably an update I missed.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}